How to do Voice Chat on android?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZkarmaKun View Post
    hey Omar Vector ,totally only works the first time, it is an error in the implementation I think, I didn't continue my development, but that problem was always there, probably is going to be forever since this was developed for a third party
    You are right, I have debugged the build with android studio and found this error AudioRecord start() error -38 , then I found that bec the record driver is not released when the game is closed .

I've submitted a bug report already , hope they are able to reproduce it . or I've to work with source instead of the binray version trying to apply a fix .

Thanks for your confirmation, I thought I was doing something wrong)

Comment

Hi Omar Vector Sorry I saw you other post, seems you are struggling with this, if the error is inside the start() method, I can infer the real error is inside the way they are using to close the device driver, did you try to modify the .xml with the Java Code?, perhaps is fixable there without having to use the source code version, if you reach this far I think is going to be easy to fix, I will check my old code

Comment

Originally posted by ZkarmaKun View Post
        Hi Omar Vector Sorry I saw you other post, seems you are struggling with this, if the error is inside the start() method, I can infer the real error is inside the way they are using to close the device driver, did you try to modify the .xml with the Java Code?, perhaps is fixable there without having to use the source code version, if you reach this far I think is going to be easy to fix, I will check my old code
        There is good news, Finally , they confirmed the bug and ready for vote , please vote
        https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62389 .
        This is the answerhub thread about it
        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...droid-log.html

With regard to driver issue, yes u are right, when it close , it doesnt clear up the driver and shutdown it even if I called VoiceCapture->Shutdown() , I have checked this error on stackover flow .

For .xml , I think I can dig there, but not sure exactly where to find the file , I will search for it ,but yes, I'm struggle as hell ,its like 1 month for now even more . and really I dont wanna move to unity cuz of this, since my app depends on this feature mainly ,even unity has more worse bugs related to some devices gpus already and they didnt fix it as they told me "Out datated gpus" while I'm still able to hit 60fps with unreal with decent scenes on my current device .

anyway, if u are able to get any fix let me know, while I keep digging hard already, and if I could hit the fix, I will update all of my thread related to that.

Thanks again mate)
        Last edited by Omar Vector; 08-01-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Omar Vector

When I click on link with the issue, it doesn't work. If you hove mouse over the link you'll see it's broken, showing https// (no : )

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
            Omar Vector

When I click on link with the issue, it doesn't work. If you hove mouse over the link you'll see it's broken, showing https// (no : )
            its fixed now)

thanks for let me know

Comment

ZkarmaKun Tried to look for xml files, found android mainfist , but couldn't find the game activities , still not sure how to start to edit this and apply the fix . and I dont think this bug they will fix soon since its reproduced on 4.21 already as confirmed which is not released yet .

Comment

I've notice something , if I didnt add run time permission , and instead just added through project setting , the same error happen again for fresh install .

This link to situation where I've to re disable the voice permission to force the run time permission to show again at the start of the app .

I think its permission issue , not inside the core of the IVoiceCapture interface.

Comment

Anyone got a fast fix? , why no unreal developer reply to this thread?

Comment

Up, any updates ?

Comment

I will keep voting up for this to be solved

Comment

Working...
                      X