Cloud Saving via Google Play Services?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud Saving via Google Play Services?

I'm working on an RPG-type game which I'm hoping to save the user's equipment / character stats on a cloud server.

I already have Google Play Services integrated, so my current thought process would be the following:

- Get Google Play user's username (not sure how to do this using BP)
    - Use the GP username as a unique identifier for storing gameplay info on cloud server
    - Send info to server whenever the player saves (or ideally, every X number of seconds / after major events)

Does Google Play Services have free cloud storage? Would I want to use this, or look into something else like AWS?

Or is there a better way to go about associating a user account with saved data?

Thanks!

Google Play Services does support cloud saving (see https://developers.google.com/games/...oid/savedgames ) however, as far as I'm aware UE4 does not support this feature. In that case, you'd have to add it in yourself.

Comment

Do you know of any tutorials that cover something similar to that? I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to begin using an android feature with UE4.

Thanks!

Comment

OnlineSubsystemGooglePlay has gpg::GameServices instance but it initialized without support of saved games snapshots. I trying to pull requesting it on github (just EnableSnapshots() on initialize).

Anyway, I did solution for Google Play and iCloud to use SavedGame feature via plugin Cloud Saved Game.
        Engine Contributions: GitHub
        [Marketplace] Cloud Saved Game (Save Game to GooglePlay or iCloud)

Comment

Working...
        X