Which AdMob SDK does UE4 use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which AdMob SDK does UE4 use?

Recently AdMob pushed out an email stating that sdks lower than 9.x will be phased out, and will not support a lot of new ad content and features.

I cannot seem to determine which SDK version UE4 has for AdMob, or how to update it.

Unpopular Minion on the Play Store (Released: January 31, 2016)

UE4 currently includes Google Play Services rev 19 which is version 5.0.89. I have successfully used rev 29 (8.4.87) by replacing the version in Engine/Build/Android/java/javalibs and updating android-support-v4.jar and adding android-support-v7-appcompat.jar to Engine/Build/Android/Java/libs.

It looks like the latest version is rev 31 (9.2) but they have moved to AAR files only for Android Studio (Google Repository instead of Google Play services). It is possible to extract these as zip files and move the classes.jar into libs, then put the extracted directories into javalibs. I'm looking at what I can do about this right now.

Comment

As I said before, I think adding Gradle support for UE4 is critical at the moment. Almost all new SDK releases are Gradle-only... ANT is deprecated.
      Last edited by gameDNA studio; 07-11-2016, 03:09 PM.
      Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

I am looking at Gradle support but it won't be a simple move; it will likely be for 4.14 timeframe.

Comment

Working...
        X