Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: Android

Hi!

I know that this is going to be a huge undertaking, but I would like to try and take Captain Toad, make it compatible with Android, and talk to Nintendo about releasing to the Play Store for like 10 bucks, shares split 50/50.

[Removed]

Thanks in advance!

(P.S.: If this gets off the ground, this is going to be it's hub, so if it pops up again, please don't ignore it)
    Last edited by Alexander Paschall; 07-06-2016, 03:05 PM.

Hey Corranpercy,

I edited your post here as it violates our rules about distributing content without owner approval:

[09] Do not to post any material that is protected by copyright or trademark without the express permission of the owner of the copyright or trademark. You may not post, or link directly to, scans of magazines. You are also not permitted to post images and/or videos of leaked content from any game.

You can see the full list of forum rules here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ode-of-Conduct

Please be mindful of copyright law when developing. I would personally warn against the strategy of "make it yourself until the official owner picks it up" as it more often ends in a cease-and-desist or lawsuit where the original IP creator get the rights to all of your work plus compensation. I just thought it was worth mentioning before you get too deep into the project.
    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

[MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

...Oh...

I am majorly sorry, I was totally unaware of this rule, my eyes must have skipped it. Sorry!

I didn't realize that this was such a dangerous thing to do... Thanks for catching it before I gave up and started to put it together myself.

How does one go about contacting such a major company? In this case, Nintendo.

Comment

out of a financial aspect, what advantage would nintendo have to share 50/50 with you? if they would be really interessted in making an android version, they would do by themselves.
        why would they even take the risk? they dont know you. you could hurt their image by bugs or bad game experience etc.
        i mean you can still try to ask them.. the only chance i see is giving them a final product which is 100% bugfree and finished and asking whether they want to sell you a licence.

Comment

You may want to head over to nintendo's website here: https://www.nintendo.com/corp/faq.jsp#idea they seem to have some places you can pitch ideas to them.
          Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
          Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Welp, looks like Nintendo only wants established game developers. (Capcom, Naughty Dog, etc.) Since I really like the concept of the game though, I'll make an Android game based off another game I want to make, in Captain Toad's puzzle style. This way, I make a game I like, and gauge reaction to see if I SHOULD even make that console game.

Comment

Working...
            X