Amazon Kindle HDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Kindle HDX

Just got an Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" and I am having trouble getting UE4 to recognize it. I have turned on the ADB switch on the Kindle but no luck, does it need special drivers? Didn't see anything in the NVPACK, anyone got it hooked up?

Thanks,
    -S

Link to instructions with link to ADB drivers

Originally posted by Splogg View Post
    Just got an Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" and I am having trouble getting UE4 to recognize it. I have turned on the ADB switch on the Kindle but no luck, does it need special drivers? Didn't see anything in the NVPACK, anyone got it hooked up?

Thanks,
    -S
    I spent many hours trying to figure out how to get my computer to recognize my Kindle Fire HDX - it was my first time doing any mobile development, so it was a steep learning curve!

But yes, you do need to complete one more step, you have to install the adb drivers onto your computer. Here's a link that will explain it, this was the most helpful link I think I ever found: http://www.gizmag.com/how-to-root-ki...ire-hdx/30513/

Pay close attention to step #2 where it provides the link to download your adb drivers.

I hope this helps. It helped me.

Comment

Working...
    X