Missing UE4Game binary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing UE4Game binary

I'm running 4.10.4 with no additional plugins on Windows 7 x64. I downloaded the "Unreal Match 3" demo project from the marketplace and tried to package it to Android (ETC1), but it fails with the following error:
    Error Missing UE4Game binary.You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>

I have followed all the steps for installing the Android SDK in the Android development guide.
    I have no additional plugins in UE4.

In the output log I can see that the failure happens upon trying to stage the package:

Code:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Execution of commandlet took:  12.20 seconds
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 15.790005s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=0
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): Project.Cook: ********** COOK COMMAND COMPLETED **********
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory: ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Stage Failed. Missing receipt 'UnrealMatch3-Android-Shipping.target.xml'. Check that this target has been built.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): Stacktrace:    at Project.CreateDeploymentContext(ProjectParams Params, Boolean InDedicatedServer, Boolean DoCleanStage)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)):    at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)):    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)):    at BuildCommand.Execute()
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)):    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)):    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)):    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_MissingExecutable
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): Domain_ProcessExit
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): copying UAT log files...
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC1)): BUILD FAILED
    PackagingResults:Error: Error Missing UE4Game binary.You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>
    I've tried changing the project settings to package for Development, Shipping, Full Rebuild, but they all end with the same error.

Can anyone shed light on why this is happening?

I'm having the same problem for days.. Couldn't solve it yet.. I assume that you tried to add code to the project?

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...for-win64.html

Comment

same problem by me found the fastest and simplest solution. in your epic games launcher right click on the preferd engine -> options -> uncheck android-> confirm. This will delete it. Then the same again and check android for installing it again. like a charm! no worries anymore!

Comment

I facing this problem too.
        I`am copy project folder to my some "archive versions" folder just to be sure if I make some bad changes I always can return to my previos version of my game.
        So solving is a replace binary folder (ProjectFolder/Binaries) from the version of project that I`ve copied earlier.

Seems like some binary file was crashed because of some of one plug that I`am trying on

Comment

Working...
        X