Build for Zenfone 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build for Zenfone 2

I am testing my project on my Zenfone 2, the CPU is Intel Atom Z3580.

I found Support x86 and Support x86_64 is cannot be checked In Settings->Project Settings...->Platform->Android->Build. It prompt "This requires GitHub source." Is that mean I need to build the engine from source?

When I click Launch to my phone the project is running, so is it running in ARM emulation?
    Last edited by flim; 01-04-2016, 12:52 PM.

Yes, armv7 emulation is provided by the Houdini library on Atom based Android devices like the Zenfone 2. If you want to build a native Intel (x86 or x86_64) APK you need to recompile for that architecture; we only provide precompiled armv7 libraries with the launcher. You will need the source from GitHub and rebuild the editor.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I tried to build the engine, but failed with errors. You can see the error in Answer Hub.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...om-source.html

Edit:
      I install Nvidia CodeWorks 1R4 instead of AndroidWorks 1R1 because CodeWorks support VS2015.
      Because GenerateProjectFiles.bat will generate VS2013 solution by default, so I run "GenerateProjectFiles.bat -2015" to get the VS2015 solution. Is it improper to do that? Or I should stuck with VS2013 for Android development?
      Last edited by flim; 01-06-2016, 05:20 AM.

Comment

I haven't tried 1R4 yet but it looks like you're running into a problem just compiling the editor for Win64. It shouldn't be trying to compile OpenGL for the editor unless you are targeting either Mac OSX or Linux. I see your AnswerHub was assigned to support so they should be able to help you.

Comment

From another AnswerHub post I realize the release actually is 4.11 not 4.10. I download 4.10 and build successfully, and I can compile x86 Android package, it run so much smoother than ARM emulation. FYI I changed the CodeWorks from 1R4 to 1R3.
          Last edited by flim; 01-12-2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X