Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dev for Android, Step by Step?

Hi there,

i am kind confused now. Do i need Visual Studio 2013 to be installed, to be able to just get a template that comes with the engine on my samsung note 4? Whenever i tried to install it using the Guide in the WIKI the tegra dev wont install because of the misssing VS. In the guide it doesnt say anything about it, well i didnt see it

Thats the Guide I followed:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ted/index.html

I dont think i will ever do anything with VS, or create games with codeing. For me the goal is to view my 3D Objects with a Matinee Camera Animation in a Gear VR.

Any tips?

Cheers
    Ralf

Start by installing AndroidWorks: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...d/1/index.html

After that you can compile your game for Android. You'll need a Developer Account with Google to publish, IAP, and more. Once you have a Google Developer Account follow this thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...with-Blueprint

Unpopular Minion on the Play Store (Released: January 31, 2016)

Comment

When executing the AndroidWorks 1R1 File, I will get the message:
      The selected items:
      Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition 3.1.15202.6244

Missing external dependencies may cause the error of installation:
      * Microsoft Visual Studio

So meaning i need this, right? Or can i deselect the Nsight Tegra Package? In the document it doesn't say it at all, but when taking a look at step 9 you can see that it was installed correctly?? Am i missing something?
      https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...d/1/index.html

Thx for your help
      Ralf

Comment

You can deselect Nsight in the installer; you don't need Visual Studio unless you are working on a code-based (C++) project.

Comment

Hello, I´m Gregorio and i´m installing android works and it shows this trouble

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla (2).png
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1098387

Comment

Originally posted by gregorio44 View Post
            Hello, I´m Gregorio and i´m installing android works and it shows this trouble
            That is ok, you dont need the sample projects to be compiled. It is not related to UE4.
            Twitter - @TheKRushin

Feel free to ask questions and come learn to be an #UnrealDev

How to report a Bug

Comment

Is AndroidWorks absolutely necessary to develop on the Android platform with Unreal projects?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Peter_M,

Using the AndroidWorks installer is the easiest way to get the correct Android NDK and SDK and make sure the environment variables are set properly. You can download the r10e NDK and the SDK (need API 19) if you like.

Comment

Hi Chris thanks for the reply.

Ok installing via AndroidWorks but I notice it has currently checked API 19 & 21. Is it best to just stick with 19?

Thanks

Comment

Installing 21 as well won't cause any issues; it will use the SDK matching the NDK setting by default (matchndk).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Babcock View Post
                      You can deselect Nsight in the installer; you don't need Visual Studio unless you are working on a code-based (C++) project.
                      Hi! And if am working on a code-based (C++) project. And Unreal Engine is connected with Visual Studio, but this Error still appears?

The selected items:
                      Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition 3.1.15202.6244

Missing external dependencies may cause the error of installation:
                      * Microsoft Visual Studio

On the Nvidia Forum they say that Visual Studio 2015 is not supported at Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition 3.1. They have added Visual Studio 2015 support at Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition 3.2. But it is not avalible in 1R1 AndroidWorks. Only in 1R4.

Can i use 1R4 AndroidWorks, or can i just ignore Nsight Tegra?
                      Last edited by eXi; 03-25-2016, 03:27 PM.
                      Awesome Maze: Round World VR for free on Google Play

Comment

Same problem here (missing dependencies error). I can only get blueprint projects to launch with androidworks installed (minus Nsight), if I try any C++ projects without the Nsight Tegra it says I'm trying to compile on a machine without a compiler. I have and use VS 2015 to compile my UE4 projects, I'm currently installing VS 2013 on the same drive that has androidworks to see if Nsight Tegra will recognize it when trying to install. If not, I don't like the idea of having to code completely in blueprints for a mobile game.

Edit: Also tried downloading codeworks with 1R4 and Nsight still didn't recognise 2015. Guess I'm coding in blueprints for this project, silly.
                        Last edited by DrAculaMD; 03-29-2016, 11:58 PM.

Comment

+1 Nsight not finding my VS15 14.0.24720.00 update 1 with engine 4.10.4
                          Last edited by blacksun777; 04-04-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I get this error too :/ If i manage to fix it i'll post a solution here

Comment

I found the solution! So instead of using 4.11.0, I installed 4.9.2. Then open it up and at the top press new project. Then add the bottom it will say "No compiler was found, please install Visual Studio" with a direct download button. Just click on this and follow the download guide. Once you've done that, go back to the engine > extras > android folder and now try to install AndroidWorks. It should recognize Visual Studio and allow you to continue

Comment

Working...
                              X