Opening new levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There must be something different for mobile devices then, because it works fine for me on PC. It will open the maps up correctly and will not reset/do whatever it does.

There is one thing I haven't tested all the way, which is opening a new level via a button. Because on my "new game" screen, you click and then it opens the map up fine on my phone, though not any other maps when I enter the volume.
    I'll test that out now, but yeah there has to be something. I'll also take another look at the Swing Ninja setup. Thanks for the response!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Swing-Ninja-Ish

Originally posted by Talaricoan View Post
    Hello again,

I've been having issues for a while opening new levels (restarting) with mobile. When in the level blueprint I use the open level node, it works on mobile previewer and on pc, but on the device the default map is loaded.

I assume this has to do with packaging, but I would gather that it would be included when deploying to a mobile device? I'm not sure though, any advice would be helpful.
    Hey, I think the answer lies somewhere in the Swing Ninja setup. There must be a few more steps than just using the "Open Level" blueprint command. After downloading Swing Ninja project folder from the Marketplace, I just created a new map and saved it into the project folder. I then changed the "Open Level" blueprint commands to point to my new map, but when deploying to my Kindle, it never would open the new map.

However, when I switched the "Open Level" blueprint commands back to opening the Swing Ninja maps, it worked fine on my Kindle. I went through all of the map settings that I could think of and I never got it to work...Wait! I didn't try making a copy of one of the Swing Ninja maps instead of creating a new map...maybe that would work.

But, really, I'm just frustrated that I don't understand why the Open Level doesn't work in the first place. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The map I did testing on has a lot of custom assets, so that wouldn't really work. I made a new game project to make sure it wasn't just that single project that was causing such a weird 'thing'.

Yet it still is, only on the android device itself. Mobile previewer and the standard previewer works as it should.

But basically:

One map has a button that opens another map. That second map has a volume that opens a third map.
    When testing on the device, it will open the second map from the first, but as I enter the volume it will open the default map...in this case the first map.
    Sometimes it will just keep opening that second map when I enter the volume.

I hope that makes sense...In both projects, I am using the top-down blueprint package, and I am using the StarterMap and Example_Map as my tests, with a simple custom level that has a box inputTouch event.

Thank you so much for your time!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would you be opposed to posting your test map here (doesn't need the assets or anything)? Or at the very least create a project that you can reproduce the results on for me to test with?

I don't have a lot of experience with this per se, but I don't mind taking a look and learning a little to see what I could do to help you!

Thanks!

Tim

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Tim, thanks for responding.

I just went through that link you sent me, and yes I have done that already. I did change the server map default just in case, but other than that, it is the same.

I did a few test runs that produced some interesting results. On my new game screen, I just have a simple button that opens the next map. Tapping on it, it opens that map, but when I move around and try going to the next map, it won't open but it will fire the print screen.

If I start from that same map instead, as soon as I do enter the volume to open the next map, it will open the new game screen. Which I can continue to the map that it opens, but with the same results when I enter the volume; nothing.

So yeah, I'm not really sure what is going on, haha. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    HI Talaricoan,

Have you tried following the steps for packaging on the Epic Wiki: Hello Android.

If you have done this let me know and I'll see if I can dig into this a little further to help you out.

Thanks!

Tim

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Opening new levels

Opening new levels

Hello again,

I've been having issues for a while opening new levels (restarting) with mobile. When in the level blueprint I use the open level node, it works on mobile previewer and on pc, but on the device the default map is loaded.

I assume this has to do with packaging, but I would gather that it would be included when deploying to a mobile device? I'm not sure though, any advice would be helpful.
Working...
X