Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Wifi Multiplayer without using Google Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    What I did to have Android work with PC games is to use the Execute Console Command using the "Open [ip address]" command and that works fine. You just need to know how to find your IP address.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a project with 4.18 that it's working correctly on Oculus Quest, using the headset as a host. It works with 2 or 3 headsets, but it fails with 4. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TFandrich View Post

What did you use as a base? VR Expansion Template?
    yes, i just switched target to mobile and set all settings according to oculus documentation (mobile hdr off, etc. etc.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by C0dR View Post

Ok I figured it out. It indeed works, even as Oculus Quest as Host. I was able to connect two oculus quests without a PC. I think the problem was using 4.23. There seem to be a bug in this version: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-82549
    I ran the same project in 4.22 and was able to host and join with oculus quest. Also Check your WIFI network. The first network I used was our company network in which broadcasting etc. was not allowed. I then switched to a small local setup without restrictions and was able to find and join the session.
    What did you use as a base? VR Expansion Template?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TFandrich View Post

Yeah I spent a lot of time on this too. If your network and project are done right you should be able to host on a PC and find and join sessions from the Quest. But hosting on the Quest and joining with another device won't work. I would say this is because of the Quest Android kernel blocking multicast etc.
    Ok I figured it out. It indeed works, even as Oculus Quest as Host. I was able to connect two oculus quests without a PC. I think the problem was using 4.23. There seem to be a bug in this version: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-82549
    I ran the same project in 4.22 and was able to host and join with oculus quest. Also Check your WIFI network. The first network I used was our company network in which broadcasting etc. was not allowed. I then switched to a small local setup without restrictions and was able to find and join the session.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by C0dR View Post

I still have the same problem. I am trying to find a session on a Oculus Quest but I cant find any session, neither hosted on another quest nor hosted on a PC. Connecting via "open" command does work.
    Yeah I spent a lot of time on this too. If your network and project are done right you should be able to host on a PC and find and join sessions from the Quest. But hosting on the Quest and joining with another device won't work. I would say this is because of the Quest Android kernel blocking multicast etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by A.SISODIYA View Post
    Can someone please direct me, how to set up multiplayer properly so that find session works properly. Currently I can connect through IP Address however find session never works. It works on PC but not on android
    I still have the same problem. I am trying to find a session on a Oculus Quest but I cant find any session, neither hosted on another quest nor hosted on a PC. Connecting via "open" command does work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can someone please direct me, how to set up multiplayer properly so that find session works properly. Currently I can connect through IP Address however find session never works. It works on PC but not on android

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can agree, everything is working.
    Last edited by vxenua; 12-30-2016, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by quadratducats424
    After a lot of head cracking, finally found it. Thanks
    In theory that process is unnecessary with 4.12 because it's fixed but I haven't get any confirmation yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this fixed?

Edit: I've read that indeed it's fixed in 4.12 and some people confirmed it so I'll reformulate the question.

Does this mean that I can finally make use of the Google Play Game Services Real-Time Multiplayer functionality and finally make people play each other through Internet just like Steam?
    Last edited by masterneme; 07-10-2016, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As I am currently in the development stages right now on a cross-platform game with built in DLC.. I need this function to work for downloading the content from a host (or the play store). I do NOT want my customers to be able to download the DLC using their cell data (must be connected to wifi).

As there are several settings on the devices that detect if it's on wifi or not, this should be reasonable to implement within the engine for us blueprinters.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just tried this issue on the 4.12 p4 and it's still happening on my end. Have a server on android, can connect via direct ip, but find sessions does not find my android device. Is it only working on the source version of the engine?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome - Thanks Chris (and thanks in general for the forum attentiveness/responsiveness, its often your name on the answer I am after).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Psychogony,

Your PR #1820 was accepted for 4.12 today

Leave a comment:

Working...
X