Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Wifi Multiplayer without using Google Play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychogony,

Your PR #1820 was accepted for 4.12 today

Comment

Awesome - Thanks Chris (and thanks in general for the forum attentiveness/responsiveness, its often your name on the answer I am after).
      Dialectical a futuristic racer is out now on Google Play (currently soft launched in Australia / New Zealand only).

Comment

I just tried this issue on the 4.12 p4 and it's still happening on my end. Have a server on android, can connect via direct ip, but find sessions does not find my android device. Is it only working on the source version of the engine?

Comment

As I am currently in the development stages right now on a cross-platform game with built in DLC.. I need this function to work for downloading the content from a host (or the play store). I do NOT want my customers to be able to download the DLC using their cell data (must be connected to wifi).

As there are several settings on the devices that detect if it's on wifi or not, this should be reasonable to implement within the engine for us blueprinters.
          WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
          World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
          WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Is this fixed?

Edit: I've read that indeed it's fixed in 4.12 and some people confirmed it so I'll reformulate the question.

Does this mean that I can finally make use of the Google Play Game Services Real-Time Multiplayer functionality and finally make people play each other through Internet just like Steam?
            Last edited by masterneme; 07-10-2016, 07:03 PM.
            ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
            Support Project Boon on Patreon

On Steam Soon, Click Below

Comment

Originally posted by quadratducats424
              After a lot of head cracking, finally found it. Thanks
              In theory that process is unnecessary with 4.12 because it's fixed but I haven't get any confirmation yet.
              ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
              Support Project Boon on Patreon

On Steam Soon, Click Below

Comment

Can agree, everything is working.
                Last edited by doldpunkt; 12-30-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Can someone please direct me, how to set up multiplayer properly so that find session works properly. Currently I can connect through IP Address however find session never works. It works on PC but not on android

Comment

Working...
                  X