No announcement yet.

Modify AndroidManifest.xml?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also replace the entire requirements section with ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt (everything after <!-- Requirements -->).

Also, if you have a code project, you could use AndroidPluginLanguage to modify the manifest.

Comment

Again just a simple way to manually edit the manifest.xml like it was pre 4.7 i believe was still the best option. I still can't set an build android app to be optimized for tablets because everything is automatically generated and there's no way to override / add it yourself with the current system.

• For apps targeting minSdkVersion value less than 13, a <supports-screens> element must be declared with both android:largeScreens="true"and android:xlargeScreens="true".
      https://developer.android.com/distri...y/tablets.html
      Do Not Argue Toxic Game
      Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
      Fishy Blub Blub
      get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by KillerSneak View Post
        Again just a simple way to manually edit the manifest.xml like it was pre 4.7 i believe was still the best option. I still can't set an build android app to be optimized for tablets because everything is automatically generated and there's no way to override / add it yourself with the current system.

https://developer.android.com/distri...y/tablets.html
        Are you unable to add <support-screens> to your Game's Build/Android/ManifestRequirementsAdditions.txt or Build/Android/ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt? That should work as far as I know. I've used that method for adding <supports-gl-texture>.

Comment

Hello.

I need help with ManifestRequirementsOverride.txt. I'm currently not too far from creating final shipping build of my game's demo, but the override causes some strange troubles. When I leave only android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in it assembled build has terrible resolution problems (game runs in some very small resolution on any android device). But without the override game works just perfectly.

Absence of which of remaining permissions can possibly prevent detection of device's native resolution?

Thanks in advance.
          Artist, solo indie developer, and gamer. Watch my work

Comment

Did you leave out the <uses-sdk /> and <uses-feature android:glEsVersion /> tags?

Comment

Hello, Chris. Thanks for the answer.

My override had only one string: <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />, and nothing else at all.

So should it look like below?

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="19" android:targetSdkVersion="23" />
              <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00020000" android:required="true" />
              <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />

Comment

I've tried the new variant of override, and everything worked perfectly. Thanks for the clarification, Chris

Comment

Working...
                X