Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    40-45 fps is pretty good
    yeah the controls are standard epic ones, they need some messing. at least a little more sensitive on the look stick.
    im avoiding things like buildings to knock down, trying to save the cpu for whatever you build in the world
    Ha ha, with the rockets I made, it feels a little empty without anything to knock down. Hell, some 2-3 block buildings would work fine.

Comment

a question for those who tried it if i may,
      as a finished game, would you prefer to unlock or explore and find things and stuff like that or would it be better with everything available so you can make what you want from the start?

(a quite big update nearly ready, next week prob.)
      @Zodiark1593 also you will be able to drop things with or without physics so you can make your own buildings to smash
      tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
      Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
      PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

just started a wip thread for this
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...nstruction-Set
        tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
        Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
        PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

Hello!
          My name is Pedro Cruz and I am working on an Endless Running Game called Mirtilo which is being developed since the end of 2013.

Before you say "since 2013!!!???" let me explain: Everything begun at the course of Game Design with Unreal Engine 3 here in Brazil... I would like to work with Unreal Mobile Game and my group decided to create an Endless Running Game as the Final Project to the course. Of course teachers said it wasn't possible because the engine wasn't made to this kind of game, but it just motivated me...

After presentation of Unreal 3 prototype game, teachers loved it and encouraged us to publish game but, through the time, we have faced some obstacles on working with Unreal 3 like slow response and locomotion bug (I didn't want to use UrealScript) besides I was enabled to publish just to iOS (on the easy way) and after some feedbacks of testers I decided to migrate to Unreal 4 in October 2014.

Working with Unreal 4 blueprint is easier than Unreal 3 Kismet, I have faced some problems too... but people of Epic Games are always helping me at this hard times (releasing new previews, for example).

The game was inspired in Endless Runners such Temple Run, Subway Surfers and Agent Dash, but it has some differences:

-The first difference is the history: The character is running from the shadows, her target is the light at the end of the tunnel (or cave), she has to overcome the obstacles that appears on her path and earn some achievements and items to help her reach her final destination. For me this is the most important difference because it is like an analogy with the life and gives a motive why we are running and can't get out of the rails.

-The second difference is that the target of the game isn't pick coins up, but pick up incandescent mirtiloes! (Mirtilo means blueberry in Portuguese)

-The third difference is that the player can pick mirtiloes overlapping it or touching on it (with the toughs);

-The fourth is that the player must brake some obstacles touching on it more than 3 times;

Its similarities are Diamonds to buy power-ups and skins, achievements to encourage player to play more times and earn more diamonds.

We are passing Mirtilo to Beta version (on Google Play) and we'd like you test this firstly and tell us what do you think how it is going on... you just have to subscribe on the following group and an e-mail with google play link will be sent you... criticizes and suggests are wellcome...

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...irtilo-testers

Click image for larger version

Name:	BannerMirtilov3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	1079858

Comment

Working...
          X