Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android App Bundles NOT WORKING (4.25.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android App Bundles NOT WORKING (4.25.1)

Everytime i try to test a build packaged with Android App Bundle and GooglePAD (Play Asset Delivery, letting you upload more then 150mb to google play) i get this **** error saying Failed to open descriptor file. I can't be the only android developer who wants to use App Bundles for their game.. Has anybody else run into this issue? am i the only one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	failed.png
Views:	44
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1780296​​
    Attached Files

Does anybody plan on using app bundles at all?

Comment

This is ridiculous..

Comment

gotgrassct it seems that currently ue4 community is extremely unfriendly
        if you're working with poorly documented stuff (especially some mobile features), you're totally on your own

even such basic thing as Facebook integration is a trouble in UE4. Built-in plugin doesn't work, marketplace asset is abandoned, and there's zero documentation and zero answers how to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo1444 View Post
          gotgrassct it seems that currently ue4 community is extremely unfriendly
          if you're working with poorly documented stuff (especially some mobile features), you're totally on your own

even such basic thing as Facebook integration is a trouble in UE4. Built-in plugin doesn't work, marketplace asset is abandoned, and there's zero documentation and zero answers how to make it work.
          Yeah, i figured that.. Android App Bundles are probably a really obscure thing that, apparently, nobody in the UE4 community even knows or cares about. I asked reddit, i asked unreal slackers, i asked answer hub and i've asked the forum, nobody cares Lmao. This is why i don't ask reddit, unreal slackers, answer hub and the forums questions anymore, because if it isn't a popular question or a popular issue that everyone else is having (or had) then i'm **** out of luck, no one won't even click on the question let alone answer or even comment on it.
          Last edited by gotgrassct; 06-26-2020, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Oh, I read all the comments on the forum just so I have a heads-up on problems for iOS, Android, AR and VR... If I have any clue I'll try to help. Epic needs to do better though.
            Good luck man.

Comment

Working...
            X