Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueprint Nativizing error cause of wrong encoding

Hello,

I'm trying to check if the nativizing of blueprints could improve the performance on a mobile device.
    In the packing options I selected "Inclusive" to automatically include all blueprints to be nativize. But when packaging I get the following error:

Intermediate/Plugins/NativizedAssets/Android/Game/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Shipping/NativizedAssets/Module.NativizedAssets.8_of_12.cpp(6,10):
    fatal error: UTF-16 (LE) byte order mark detected in
    'X:/Users/XXX/XXX/MYPROJECT_UE4/Intermediate/Plugins/NativizedAssets/Android/Game/Source/NativizedAssets/Private/NativizedAssets_Dependencies.cpp', but encoding is not supported
    I don't have such a blueprint in my project.

I went into the folder /.../Private/NativizedAssets_Dependencies.cpp' and changed the encoding with notepad++ from UCS-2 LE BOM to UTF-8 but the error still appears.

Can anyone give me a hint what I'm doing wrong here?

I tried it with 2 another Hello-World projects. But even there everytime some files are encoded wrong or are not found.
    Is there more to consider than just to set the nativizing method?

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...nts/index.html
    They just set the method to Inclusive, but I don't see any preperation for the Blueprint by themself like chaning the encoding of the blueprint.

Exlusion mode is very weird. I can select the blueprints I want to nativize, but I have like 300 custom Blueprints spread among the project. Is there a way
    just to add my created blueprints? Otherwise I have to find and add every blueprint by itself into the list.

Some tipps?

Comment

Working...
    X