Android launch sometimes won't load maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android launch sometimes won't load maps

This doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's annoying. Sometimes when I launch to the phone, the game loads up to the main menu but upon hitting play or any level I get a travel error which is it can't find the map for some reason so it won't load. It loads in the editor but not on the phone. The only thing I can think of is data corruption because it only happens once in a while but I have to exit Unreal, delete the app from the phone, relaunch unreal, and relaunch to the phone. And this isn't always a quick fix. I might have to rinse and repeat a few times. Any thoughts?

Edit:
    This is continuing to happen. Has no one else encountered this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	225.1 KB ID:	1735251
    Last edited by SeldinG; 03-24-2020, 07:06 PM.

For anyone else having this issue, this seems to help. Go to Project Settings and turn on "cook everything" under packaging.

Comment

Originally posted by SeldinG View Post
      For anyone else having this issue, this seems to help. Go to Project Settings and turn on "cook everything" under packaging.
      A slightly better solution is to go onto Project Settings - > Packaging and then specify the maps you want to cook directly inside "List of maps to include in a packaged build". As a result, you can cook only what you need.
      Leader of the Unreal Engine Meetup - Rome.
      Find me on twitter, glad to get in touch

Comment

Working...
      X