Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm nearly ready to release my first UE4 game on the Google play store, now what should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm nearly ready to release my first UE4 game on the Google play store, now what should I do?

Hello everyone!

So I am nearly ready to release my first video game on the Google play store.

I found this article that explains what I should do before releasing it, and I have a few questions (some questions might sound dumb but I want to make sure that I don't make any mistakes):

You're almost ready to ship your game and begin collecting revenue? Excellent, congratulations! When the time comes to release your title, please fill out and submit this form and tell us a little about yourself and your game.
    So if I understood correctly, this is the form I should fill out before I release the game on the play store, but I have two questions :
    • What should I put in the PRODUCT URL field if there's no URL yet, since it's not released? Or should I upload it on the Play Store first before submitting the form?
    • If I also want to release a Free Demo version (separate apk) of my game, should I also fill out a second version of this form?
    Write a EULA for your product that explicitly disclaims any representations, warranties, conditions, and liabilities related to the Unreal Engine. Some example language can be found here.
    Personally I don't know anything about EULAs and how to write them, if I understood correctly the EULA mentionned is just an example about how it should looks like, is it enough if I just copy/paste the example and replace [Product Name] with the name of my game, and should I replace [Licensor] with my real name? (I don't own a company, but I have an unofficial name, which I cannot use in the EULA I guess, since it's not trademarked).

Add the following to your product credits: “[Product Name] uses Unreal® Engine. Unreal® is a trademark or registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998 – xxxx, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.”
    On the main menu I added an "About" button. When the user clicks on it, a little popup window shows up containing the credits and this text, is it good enough? I also replaced xxxx with the current year.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

(I have asked this question on Reddit first, but I only got one answer (which didn't answered all my questions), so I decided to also post it here).
Working...
X