Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't Asset Manager load assets via Primary Asset ID on Android Only??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't Asset Manager load assets via Primary Asset ID on Android Only??

I asked this question on answer hub a couple of days ago: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...5486/view.html
    I still haven't had an answer so I decided to try here.

I'm working on a mobile game on Unreal Engine version 4.23. I'm using the inventory system from the Action RPG example project by Epic Games. I'm using a custom Asset Manager to load UPrimaryDataAssets called UItems.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AssetManager_LoadItemByID.PNG Views:	1 Size:	21.0 KB ID:	1669479

The game is able to correctly save and load the inventory items by their PrimaryAssetId on PC (both packaged and ran in editor).

However, On android I get the logged error: "Failed to load item for identifier Item_Token!" The only item I have in the game so far is the token so this makes sense. But it shouldn't be failing to find the item. Especially when I have it set to "Always Cook," these types of items in the Asset Manager project settings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	assetmanagertokensettings.png Views:	1 Size:	24.0 KB ID:	1669480

It's strange because the Item_Token seems to be working on Android if referenced from blueprints. I am able to successfully add and save the tokens. It successfully converts from DataAsset to PrimaryAssetId. But not the other way around.

I essentially copied all the code from the Action RPG game so I must have missed some setting. Is my directory wrong? Does it need to point to the c++ classes instead? Does anyone know what could have gone wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LoadInventoryCode.PNG Views:	1 Size:	64.9 KB ID:	1669481
    Last edited by Mewbits; 09-30-2019, 12:58 PM. Reason: Asset Manager

Just tried packaging the Action RPG example project for android and it also won't load the weapons or the souls on Android. So I think it has the same issue. Especially since I gave myself 500 souls and then clicked replay and had 0 souls again. But on PC, the souls are saved.

Edit: A newly created Action RPG project seems to work just fine on android (with saving and loading). So I must have changed some setting that made it no longer work on the Action RPG project I had modified before copying the code to another project.

I still don't know what setting was changed though, since all I did was make a new map and reorganize the files. But I changed the directories in the Asset Manager project settings so it still worked on PC. But not on android for some reason.
    Last edited by Mewbits; 09-30-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

It seems only the Epic staff will know what's causing this issue.

I really need to be able to fix this so I can continue to make this mobile game and learn how the ability system and Inventory system work on the Action RPG game.

Comment

Working...
      X