Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a good BP setup for camera spring arm length set (zoom) pinch touch for Android ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a good BP setup for camera spring arm length set (zoom) pinch touch for Android ?

Hi everyone,

I have two BP samples I downloaded from BPrenderer and they are pretty good but they look little "over the top" for me and the one has a whole extra section "fixing this part …"

Just wondering if anyone has a really good one and don't mind sharing.

Thank you :-)))

It really depends on the complexity that you want. But the core logic is to compare Touch1 & Touch2 location:

Spoiler

This should work on a basic system. But, it introduces jittering and inconsistent pinch effect afterwards. To fix this, you need to store the initial and end location for each Touch index. Jitter can be reduced by using FInterpTo function accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by drpsyko View Post
      It really depends on the complexity that you want. But the core logic is to compare Touch1 & Touch2 location:

Spoiler

This should work on a basic system. But, it introduces jittering and inconsistent pinch effect afterwards. To fix this, you need to store the initial and end location for each Touch index. Jitter can be reduced by using FInterpTo function accordingly.
      Thanks I will look at that.
      I have been looking at "gestures"
      Under inputs in the project settings I created two gesture axis' pinch and flick.
      I do have a setup for using mouse wheel to move camera in and out and in Windows it works great.
      So I was wondering if the setup below would work ???
      Or do you still have to code it all out what comes after the gesture input nodes?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gesture.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1658108

Comment

I don't have a working Android phone to test this so I have to wait for friends to give me feedback which of course is taking forever.
        So that is why I post here and just ask trying to get answers quicker :-)

Comment

Problem with gestures is that you don't have any control on the amount of 'pinch' nor 'flick'. It only returns Pressed and Released state, in which are only useful for only one tick.
          In case you haven't checked this one yet, it was made by Epic themselves:

Comment

Originally posted by drpsyko View Post
            Problem with gestures is that you don't have any control on the amount of 'pinch' nor 'flick'. It only returns Pressed and Released state, in which are only useful for only one tick.
            In case you haven't checked this one yet, it was made by Epic themselves:
            Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X