Android App Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Widzo View Post
    Hello, i created a .aab using your technique but when i check on Play Console, there are only arm64 inside the bundle. However, I packaged my project on unreal with armv7 and arm64 enabled. Anyone else have the same issue? Is there a command line to include in visual studio to say "package both in .aab" that i missed?
    I have the same problem.

someone knows the solution to this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Widzo View Post
      Hello, i created a .aab using your technique but when i check on Play Console, there are only arm64 inside the bundle. However, I packaged my project on unreal with armv7 and arm64 enabled. Anyone else have the same issue? Is there a command line to include in visual studio to say "package both in .aab" that i missed?
      +1 with this issue. When I analyze the .aab with 7zip, there's only the arm64 libraries, and Google Play says the same.

Comment

Good news here https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...e-4-24-preview

Mobile Updates:
        • Auto-instancing on Mobile (Experimental). We are planning to support the auto-instancing feature of the HLR on mobile devices for improved performance due to reduced draw calls. This functions the same as desktop auto-instancing, but it uses a texture instead of a buffer due to limitations on Mali devices, which can only support a buffer of 64 kb.
        • Android App Bundles. Android App Bundles are a new upload format for the Google Play Store that defers APK generation and signing to Google Play itself. Google’s Dynamic Delivery system then provides an APK optimized for a user’s device configuration automatically. As of 4.24, we will be supporting App Bundle builds through the Unreal Engine.
        FPS Game Starter Kit
        Retro Game Starter Kit
        Quiz Game Starter Kit
        Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

Comment

Originally posted by SB1985 View Post
          Good news here https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...e-4-24-preview

Mobile Updates:
          • Auto-instancing on Mobile (Experimental). We are planning to support the auto-instancing feature of the HLR on mobile devices for improved performance due to reduced draw calls. This functions the same as desktop auto-instancing, but it uses a texture instead of a buffer due to limitations on Mali devices, which can only support a buffer of 64 kb.
          • Android App Bundles. Android App Bundles are a new upload format for the Google Play Store that defers APK generation and signing to Google Play itself. Google’s Dynamic Delivery system then provides an APK optimized for a user’s device configuration automatically. As of 4.24, we will be supporting App Bundle builds through the Unreal Engine.
          Hey, I think the page used to say that, but now there's only
          Mobile Updates:
          • Auto-instancing on Mobile (Experimental). We are planning to support the auto-instancing feature of the HLR on mobile devices for improved performance due to reduced draw calls. This functions the same as desktop auto-instancing, but it uses a texture instead of a buffer due to limitations on Mali devices, which can only support a buffer of 64 kb."
          Also the trello card was erased (https://trello.com/c/vxOMbcQ5/472-su...or-app-bundles)

Do someone knows what happened? Did they remove it from the engine preview patch notes in purpose because it didn't work correctly?
          Last edited by Pataxu; 11-26-2019, 05:34 PM.

Comment

i have been checking the preview build since the first one it has never been there to test. And yeah i noticed they had removed it from the cards and the update page but as they have never answered us about adding it i doubt they will ever answer us about removing it feels like the teased us lol

Comment

Seems like Epic Just doesn't care about android anymore aside from bug fixes. Every single question I see posted about android on the forums and answerhub has not has not had a reply from Epic Staff in months. I even made numerous posts with different issues some months ago and had not had any replies to a single one. Admob hasn't even worked in the previous 3 engine releases before 4.24 (have not checked 4.24)....

Comment

Anyone, could the bundle have the 32-bit and 64-bit version?

Comment

What I did is export first in 64 bits and then 32 bits,
                  I mean export in 64 and rename or copy the intermediates folder and then export to 32.
                  Copy the files from the other folder to that and voila.
                  later in android studio in the abi configuration or where it says ndk
                  "arm64" abifilter
                  copy all that code and paste it just below {
                  and change the arm64 by armeabi-v7a and compile and make the bundle app in the same way

Comment

Originally posted by Yvasquez View Post
                    Anyone, could the bundle have the 32-bit and 64-bit version?
                    Yeah, method by Harold_XD_159 works.

Originally posted by Harold_XD_159 View Post
                    What I did is export first in 64 bits and then 32 bits,
                    I mean export in 64 and rename or copy the intermediates folder and then export to 32.
                    Copy the files from the other folder to that and voila.
                    later in android studio in the abi configuration or where it says ndk
                    "arm64" abifilter
                    copy all that code and paste it just below {
                    and change the arm64 by armeabi-v7a and compile and make the bundle app in the same way
                    This method works.Thank you.
                    Combined the assembly for 32 and 64 bit architecture into a single file.
                    Regarding resizing. In my case, a separate build for 32-bit architecture was 45.55 MB, and for 64-bit - 50.364 MB, the shared file with two architectures was 78.676 MB.
                    Last edited by den_dnk; 02-01-2020, 08:14 PM.

Comment

So any update to this?
                      I want to upload a game to google play but it keeps telling me about Android App Bundle even though my game is not a big one (78 MB)

What should we do with this App Bundle issue? Is there any work around?

Comment

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...-unreal-engine

here is your solution guys
                        Last edited by RobRedrain; 02-25-2020, 08:05 AM.
                        info@robustentertainment.com

Comment

AppBundle is added for 4.25, check ue4 trello. Be patient...

Comment

Menu
                            Edit
                            Project Settings
                            Project
                            Packaging
                            Project
                            "Distribution"
                            Turn on this check box.

Won't it work this way?
                            Last edited by junshiozawa; 05-11-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRADgr View Post
                              AppBundle is added for 4.25, check ue4 trello. Be patient...
                              its included in 4.25.
                              but it does produce two sperate aab . one for arm7 and another for arm 64.
                              sole reason of aab was to put arm64 and arm7 into a single abb.
                              UpWork Portfolio
                              UE4 Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Muzaheed View Post

its included in 4.25.
                                but it does produce two sperate aab . one for arm7 and another for arm 64.
                                sole reason of aab was to put arm64 and arm7 into a single abb.
                                We have to use Android Studio.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...-unreal-engine

Comment

Working...
                                X