Sharing a screenshot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by razee01 View Post
    Hi, I did nothing. I just put the downloaded folder inside the plugin folders of the engine. After that when the engine starts up it it shows that massage. I tried to put the folder in the project plugin folder also. But no luck.
    Can you please tell me how to install it. May be I messed up.
    It is incorrect to put in the engine's plugin folder!

I posted step by step instructions for adding the plugin to a project here:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...creenshot.html
    (scroll down to my answer with the timestamp: Aug 30 '18 at 1:33 PM where I have the step-by-step instructions)

It's for a iOS sharing plugin but the setup for it is exactly the same as for this one.
    Headgear - VR/AR solutions

VR Game Release: We Come In Peace... Oculus GearVR | Google Play Daydream

Comment

Hello, Thank you for the solution, I will immediately test it

Comment

@aussieburger
        Hi I managed to install the plugin, Thanks again. I now see there are couple of string from the plugin, but I am a bit confused about the strings, how to use it. And as it wont show anything unless on the phone, can you please give here a little example how I can use the native sharing for the screenshot??

And another thing, I tried to changed the code as per instruction and also with your files. But, the build failed. So, I used that original files. But my project is android 26 minimum (had to did it as google Play requirement), so, any suggestion about the bug??? If I replace those two files (sharing build and sharing_apl) with yours will it work??

Comment

Frankly I wish I had the same luck as you, I also dropped my phone from my pocket and the screen broke I had to fix it.

Comment

@aussieburger
            Hi I managed to install the plugin, Thanks again. I now see there are couple of string from the plugin, but I am a bit confused about the strings, how to use it. And as it wont show anything unless on the phone, can you please give here a little example how I can use the native sharing for the screenshot??

And another thing, I tried to changed the code as per instruction and also with your files. But, the build failed. So, I used that original files. But my project is android 26 minimum (had to did it as google Play requirement), so, any suggestion about the bug??? If I replace those two files (sharing build and sharing_apl) with yours will it work??
            As I mentioned my version of the plugin is for unreal 4.19+ and three files where changed not two file_paths.xml is the other one you missed.

Attached is the blueprints I used for it. Note the added "sharing" component in the component list you also need to add. The app name part is very important - does not work if you don't have that correct.

I don't know which version of the engine so I can't give the best advise on the other problems.

If I was you first just to see it working package for android 21 with the original version of the plugin and test it to make sure you blueprints are right.

Once you see it working you know your blueprints are right and then you can update the plugin to my version:

https://github.com/aussieburger/Sharing-android

(4.19+!) and then it will work for later Android API versions.
            Attached Files
            Headgear - VR/AR solutions

VR Game Release: We Come In Peace... Oculus GearVR | Google Play Daydream

Comment

@aussieburger
              Hi, you are absolutely right. I tried it with building for android version 26, after installing in mobile it shows nothing. But when I build it for version 21, it tries to share (Samsung note 8) but (may be for that bug) it shows something went wrong. So, I think the blueprint works.

Now, with your 4.19 version, I took those 3 files and replaced them in the original plugin folder, tried to build as your instructions, but engine cant build it, shows "...could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually."

At this moment I really cant change the version of the engine. I am using 4.16. Can you please suggest what can I do. I know nothing about coding. Really I appreciate your help.

Comment

Hi, any suggestion???

Comment

@Naitguolf Any Progress with the plugin?? Please let us know.
                  Hi Razee01. Finally I had some free time to implement it. Many thanks @aussieburger, it works flawlessly! I guess this should be part of the official Android plugin for Unreal!

Comment

That's a great news. Can you please let us know how can we use this???

Comment

That's a great news. Can you please let us know how can we use this???
                      Well, not much needs to be done. Just copy the \Sharing-android-master folder into \Plugins folder.

Back into to the editor, make sure the plugin is selected Edit\Plugins. It should be the one named Shared.

If everything is ok, yow will have access to new blueprint functions, like Screenshot and Share Screenshoot Text.

Regards

Comment

@Naitguolf
                        Hi, are you aware of the problem/bug aussieburger told. The original plugin cant works with android version 26,which the least requirement for google play.
                        In my case I can build the plugin from the original folders which is buggy/useless. I tried to build with aussieburger's folder, but it shows cant compile, try to build manually. Feeling awkward.
                        Did you test the app in real mobile, is the plugin working?

Comment

Working...
                        X