4.20.2 - Can't make APK without compiled .so - for all 4.20 projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Now if you have same problem, you just shoud move ur project to new version of UE$. I move my game from 4.20 to 4.24 without any problem and after update CodeWorks I have not any Erros in Output log.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So in my case it was switching OFF the ````SteamVR```` support in Plugins-Virtual Reality

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I notice that the issue here has been resolved: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-63725

And it seems to be in the 4.21 preview 4 release, has anyone tested that? Otherwise I can probably test in the next day or two.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i used to have the same problem, fixed it by installing visual studio 2017 (had visual studio 2015 before) and then turned the project into a c++ project, then compiled project source, and i no longer get the .so error, hope this fixes your problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ddutta View Post
    I have the same issue, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Visual Studio path
    Hi. The way I solved this problem was just by eliminating the project and creating a new one, you can try that way. Hope
    I hope that resolves yours

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the same issue, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Visual Studio path
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi
    I tried this with UE 4.20.3 incl. binaryAndroidSDK of the Engine version. It works fine with my Oculus Go- I hope it helps someone ;-)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am also have this issue.

I have tried it with UE 4.20.3, on both windows 10 and OS X.
    I have tried referring to android/sdk/ndk/java/ant dependencies, both from copies installed by NVPack, as well as those that get installed with Android Studio.
    I have tried using Android SDK version 19, 25, and 27.
    I have tried disabling all plugins except for the OculusVR one
    I have tried reinstalling UE

On both platforms (os x and windows), i get the same error:

"Can't make APK without the compiled .so"

Is this still a nagging issue for people?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i cant do anything now is there please any fix for this isue?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    getting the error after disabling either Oculus VR or Steam VR plugins before building an APK. 4.20.3,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    updated to 4.20.3 yesterday and now the same error is back again when packaging the project for android ASTC (Oculus-GO).
    Edit: tried a few things to get it working again;
    1. delete NVPack directory
    2. re-install default AndroidWorks from Epic-directory.
    3. reboot - same error when building
    4. copy the .so and .target file (see my first post) - same error
    5. gradle-error -> run NVPACK/android-sdk-windows/tools/android.bat, click on "Deselect All", update Extras/Android Support Repository
    6. reboot - same error.
    7. deleted the .so and .target -> same error
    8. from UE, launched the project on the GO -> works
    9. changed SDK Android version to 27 in project settings-Android
    Now it seems to work again. No idea if it was step 9, or another step/combination. Crossing fingers (again)....
    Last edited by maxbrown; 09-20-2018, 07:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is there any fix for this atm?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, same problem, after some tests and read this post, just disable the substance plugin and the problem disappeared, hope this could help to someone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the update Alex, I was able to get the "Sun Temple" to launch on my go. However when I am looking around geometry is flickering and disappearing and reappearing when I am looking. I am also experiencing little Red/Green/Blue reflective dots on everything in the scene. Do you happen to know what would be causing this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the update Alex. Any idea if there is a workaround for now? Or will we just have to wait for 4.21?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X