No announcement yet.

4.20.2 - Can't make APK without compiled .so - for all 4.20 projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I'm experiencing the same error as soon as I disable any plugins and try to launch the project (see my other thread here)

Comment

Hey All,

I have reproduced this issue and logged a report for it here https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-63725 . You can track the report's status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex O View Post
        Hey All,

I have reproduced this issue and logged a report for it here https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-63725 . You can track the report's status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff.
        Alex I am also having this issue when trying to launch to my Oculus Go, I haven't disable any plugins at all. Will this also be fixed with the bug report you logged?

Comment

Originally posted by Three65 View Post

Alex I am also having this issue when trying to launch to my Oculus Go, I haven't disable any plugins at all. Will this also be fixed with the bug report you logged?
          Hello, I can't reproduce this on my Go without disabling plugins, however I'd imagine a fix for this would encompass all Android based devices.

Comment

Thanks for the update Alex. Any idea if there is a workaround for now? Or will we just have to wait for 4.21?

Comment

Thanks for the update Alex, I was able to get the "Sun Temple" to launch on my go. However when I am looking around geometry is flickering and disappearing and reappearing when I am looking. I am also experiencing little Red/Green/Blue reflective dots on everything in the scene. Do you happen to know what would be causing this?

Comment

Hello, same problem, after some tests and read this post, just disable the substance plugin and the problem disappeared, hope this could help to someone.

Comment

is there any fix for this atm?

Comment

updated to 4.20.3 yesterday and now the same error is back again when packaging the project for android ASTC (Oculus-GO).
                    Edit: tried a few things to get it working again;
                    1. delete NVPack directory
                    2. re-install default AndroidWorks from Epic-directory.
                    3. reboot - same error when building
                    4. copy the .so and .target file (see my first post) - same error
                    5. gradle-error -> run NVPACK/android-sdk-windows/tools/android.bat, click on "Deselect All", update Extras/Android Support Repository
                    6. reboot - same error.
                    7. deleted the .so and .target -> same error
                    8. from UE, launched the project on the GO -> works
                    9. changed SDK Android version to 27 in project settings-Android
                    Now it seems to work again. No idea if it was step 9, or another step/combination. Crossing fingers (again)....
                    Last edited by maxbrown; 09-20-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

getting the error after disabling either Oculus VR or Steam VR plugins before building an APK. 4.20.3,

Comment

i cant do anything now is there please any fix for this isue?

Comment

I am also have this issue.

I have tried it with UE 4.20.3, on both windows 10 and OS X.
                          I have tried referring to android/sdk/ndk/java/ant dependencies, both from copies installed by NVPack, as well as those that get installed with Android Studio.
                          I have tried using Android SDK version 19, 25, and 27.
                          I have tried disabling all plugins except for the OculusVR one
                          I have tried reinstalling UE

On both platforms (os x and windows), i get the same error:

"Can't make APK without the compiled .so"

Is this still a nagging issue for people?

Comment

Hi
                            I tried this with UE 4.20.3 incl. binaryAndroidSDK of the Engine version. It works fine with my Oculus Go- I hope it helps someone ;-)
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have the same issue, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Visual Studio path
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ddutta View Post
                                I have the same issue, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Visual Studio path
                                Hi. The way I solved this problem was just by eliminating the project and creating a new one, you can try that way. Hope
                                I hope that resolves yours

Comment

Working...
                                X