Android Storage Permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Storage Permissions

I cannot get Android permissions for READ/WRITE on STORAGE , via USB or via GOOGLE PLAY , i always have to enable them manualy from the OS!
    i have on my instance an android request permissions, but it never shows up. Android runtime permissions are ENABLED. Am using 4.18.3
    Here are some more screenshots

Please help!

Fixed by checking UseExternalFilesDir... i still cannot get it, i was packaging on INTERNAL 1st before choosing AUTO, and it was the same... anyway..
    for anyone who encounters this issue, this might help him, Cheers!

Comment

Hi,
      just curious about what can you read from your device storage. I'm trying to load video from it, but i haven't had luck, yet.

Comment

I am encountering the same issue. Packaging the game for shipping and uploading to google play store. Anyone who downloads the game must manually turn on storage permissions in order for it to work. Desperately needing a solution.

Comment

Got same problem...

Comment

checking this UseExternalFilesDir option on AUTO will fix it

Comment

Hi dear. Did anyone find the solution. I'm have same issue. When i download the game from google play store and run the game . Error. Unfortunately the app is stop. The error is because of storage .
              anyone know how to fix it.

Comment

By default the game storage is off thats the app is stop.
                so in setting -> apps manager -> select the game -> permission -> then turn on the storage permission .
                is there any other way to on the storage by default .

Comment

I solved this by checking to see if Android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE was granted and if it wasn't I would request it. I do this in the game instance on initialize.

I should also note that I'm using 4.20. The documentation says the Android permissions plugin works in 4.21 and later.
                  Last edited by Ragingkenny; 12-28-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Hi there.

I had the same issue - the game works fine when installed from the APK but crashed when downloaded from the store. If your game uses obb file it is probably caused by the old bug in Android, that sets bad owner permissions to the game directory https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/37075181

They say that the issue is gone in Android 7.0 and newer, but I've encountered this issue on some Samsung Galaxys phones with newer version, so bacisally it still might be an issue.

We've workaround this problem by checking if the obb file can be opened and if not - we ask for WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE on startup. Sadly we needed to modify the *.java.template files to do so, I don't know the way to ensure if permissions are fine in the Launcher version.

Comment

Hello,

I got the same issue here... I tryed to use "use external dir" but it don't work for me. When I test my game with the "launch" of ue4, it works perfectly. I have a warning for the storage permission but when it's cooked, not event if i download it from the store

Comment

Originally posted by liam.vd View Post
                        Hello,

I got the same issue here... I tryed to use "use external dir" but it don't work for me. When I test my game with the "launch" of ue4, it works perfectly. I have a warning for the storage permission but when it's cooked, not event if i download it from the store
                        I have the same problem. If you solved the problem, can you share it with me?

Comment

Originally posted by FollowMyStaR View Post

I have the same problem. If you solved the problem, can you share it with me?
                          worked when I dismiss the "read storage permission" in my settings

Comment

Hi, I'm having the same Issue, I try every answer on this post and i have no idea what to do more... my unreal vers its 4.18 and I try it with huawei, samsung devices and in both i have to grant the permission manually. Any idea of what i can do? Thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_195373.png Views:	6 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	1777189Click image for larger version  Name:	image_195374.png Views:	7 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	1777190Click image for larger version  Name:	dir.PNG Views:	1 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	1777218
                            Last edited by markusflin; 06-17-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X