Cannot package, launch, android project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot package, launch, android project

I'm using UE4 4.17 and i make a new third person project for mobile. I do all what i see in the "Android Quick Start" and i actually can't launch to my phone cuz UE4 not respond and crush. After that i try package for android, and i got "PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Cook Failure". But for PC 64 worked. If some one know please help me, because i try fix this 2 days and i reinstall my window 10, and this not help me.

Red error messege in the log:
    UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: Cook failed. ---> AutomationTool.CommandletException: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for D:\UE4\New_projekts\NEWNEWNEW\NEWNEWNEW.uproject; see log C:\Users\Dima\AppData\Roaming\Unreal
    Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\D+UE4NEWW+UE_4.17\Cook-2017.10.17-22.32.18.txt
    PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Cook Failure
    Log from disc C: Cook-2017.10.17-22.32.18.txt
    UE4 log https://pastebin.com/yg8Vc4Wx

I'm not sure what went wrong from looking at that log, but I'd try packaging for ETC1 instead of Multi and see if it makes a difference; you don't need to cook all the texture formats since ETC1 is supported by all Android devices. If that works, try each of the others and narrow down which is failing.

Comment

Yes i buld in the format ETC1 without errors but i did this 65 minutes.. I try to packedge another formats and I will write here the problem, if it will be

Comment

I packedge android project for: ATC, DXT, ETC1, ETC2, PVRTC formats. But error is in the ASTC and when i package my project to all i got that error. I don't know how fix this and when i launch to my android device i got message "Unreal engine has stopped working"..

Comment

Do you have a log from the failed ASTC package attempt?

Comment

Yes sure, log from UE4
            https://pastebin.com/x0hxYKUe
            and from disc C
            Attached Files

Comment

Based on the log it is stopping very early so it doesn't look like any textures have been processed (fails on first batch). The ASTC compressor uses an Intel parallel library which uses optimized code based on the processor. Which processor do you have?

Comment

My processor is amd phenom 2 x6 processor, and this is probably a processor, because when the luanch begins PC and UE4 stopped..

Comment

I only see SSE2, SSE3, SSE4a listed for phenom 2 x6, not AVX which it might be trying to use.

Comment

Bit of a necro but this is a post I found while trying to fix the same thing so I thought I'd chip in. I swapped my Phenom II for an FX series processor and that solved this problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X