Moving light sources on mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem.

Just discovered it doesn't really work with Adreno 330 chipsets, no idea why. It does work with Nvidia K1 though. The mobile stats in the editor or the HTML5 preview worked fine. Gotta figure it out.

Comment

This is very cool, thanks for this, took me a while to get it hooked up right (user error) but certainly interesting. Shame we can't get some attenuation there

Comment

I just can't seem to get this to work ill keep trying but I don't understand why I can't get a simple sphere (sun) to cast the fake light described above by CaptainScience
        Do Not Argue Toxic Game
        Balloony PoP get it on Google Play
        Fishy Blub Blub
        get it on Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by Z-enzyme View Post
          No problem.

Just discovered it doesn't really work with Adreno 330 chipsets, no idea why. It does work with Nvidia K1 though. The mobile stats in the editor or the HTML5 preview worked fine. Gotta figure it out.
          What a pity it doesn't work - also does not work on the Mali-T760 (Note 4 Exynos version)
          Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

The thing that should work on every device with at full ES2 support is this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	1082819

And then, as a function to find 1 closest light you do this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyn2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	1082820

Works beautifully on Adreno 330 phone (Xperia Z1 Compact: 50-40 fps).

Last edited by Z-enzyme; 07-31-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Hello! I'm trying to reproduce your work for movable lights, but i have no idea on how to do this. Could you please post a simple project with an example of movable light working with mobile devices? Thanks in advance!

Comment

I have succesfully reproduced your method, but i have a question: If I have a large landscape, and I have more then one movable lights material lighting up the landscape, will work just one light?

Comment

I'm trying to get a flashlight example for use on a FPS for the Gear VR. Is there anything missing from the blueprint image your provided? I'm a bit new with UE4 and I'm not sure how to get this started.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Comment

I too can't get any of the above examples working. I setup everything exactly the same, I tried materials like CaptainScience and I tried enzyme's way and nothing.

There is something small yet crucial that I'm missing here.

Comment

Necroing the thread here...
                      This is just what I've been looking for! It works wonders for my Mobile App, however I have some questions that hopefully someone will be able to answer.
                      Using Z-enzyme method.
                      1: How do I make it cast shadows?
                      2: All the normals are removed, all surfaces became flat.. I tried playing with roughness but this isn't my forte so any input would be greatly appreciated here

Thanks!

Comment

Ericho You can't make vertex based lights cast shadows, they don't quite work that way.

Comment

Working...
                        X