Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

compiling 2600+ shaders although empty project. empty level. ? normal?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    compiling 2600+ shaders although empty project. empty level. ? normal?

    is this normal.

    I created an empty mobile project. with nothing at all. I clicked launch to my android moto G 3rd gen mobile and its compiling over 2600+ shaders. taking a very long time to compile those shaders too.

    is this normal?
    is this how it goes with using unreal for mobiles?

    #2
    Originally posted by MoHoe View Post
    is this normal.

    I created an empty mobile project. with nothing at all. I clicked launch to my android moto G 3rd gen mobile and its compiling over 2600+ shaders. taking a very long time to compile those shaders too.

    is this normal?
    is this how it goes with using unreal for mobiles?
    Engine has many default materials. Have you experienced this message in editor or in packaged project?
    Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by gameDNA studio View Post
      Engine has many default materials. Have you experienced this message in editor or in packaged project?
      Just in editor.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by MoHoe View Post
        Just in editor.
        Don't worry about it
        Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by gameDNA studio View Post
          Don't worry about it
          hmm ok thanks champion lol

          I think it's clear that unreal engine is not ready for android game development.
          I'll give it another try in a year or so.

          I'll stick to unity for mobile apps.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MoHoe View Post
            hmm ok thanks champion lol

            I think it's clear that unreal engine is not ready for android game development.
            I'll give it another try in a year or so.

            I'll stick to unity for mobile apps.
            Engine is not packaging unnecessary materials so it's why I said you shouldn't worry about it because compiling shaders you mentioned before were only for editor not for game.
            Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by gameDNA studio View Post
              Engine is not packaging unnecessary materials so it's why I said you shouldn't worry about it because compiling shaders you mentioned before were only for editor not for game.
              The reason to be concerned about it is that it takes a very long time to view your game on a mobile device. 20 minutes + to see an empty game on a mobile device?? really? this is ridiculous... and why on earth is unreal engine wasting time and resources on compiling shaders that are not used?

              nevermind. I guess thats the standard with unreal engine and mobile development.

              Comment


                #8
                It compile them only once if your UE is not broken somehow.

                Comment


                  #9
                  It compiles only for the first time. Engine stores cache in Intermediate and Saved folders
                  Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I disagree on that all I seem to be looking at every time is compiling Shaders went from 70 to 6,000? whats going on?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I'm having the same problem....Why would Unreal need to compile 3000+ shaders for an empty AR scene? The only shaders that should be compiled are shaders that are being used in the scene correct? This seems broken to me, unless I'm missing something

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I just compiled 36,000 shaders on an empty folder... in a project that has been opened hundreds of times, when I Fixup Redirectors.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Nobody has a real answer for this? It is very odd. I'm coming from Unity. LOVE Unreal... but compiling 5,000 shaders everytime I start a new empty project? Definitely feels broken and doesn't make much sense.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X