Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LPV + TOD (Light Propagation Volume + Time of Day) [WIP]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Any chance you will implement a moon light into the system? To get that natural glint and even shadows from the small amount of moon light would be nice. This is especially noticeable if you use SSS on plants or trees.
    --
    Joshua
    Multimedia Artist, Druid Gameworks
    www.joshuaezzell.com
    www.druidgameworks.com

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by joshezzell View Post
      Any chance you will implement a moon light into the system? To get that natural glint and even shadows from the small amount of moon light would be nice. This is especially noticeable if you use SSS on plants or trees.
      Are on plans. Actually I´m focusing on day. And working a lot to work around translucent shadows limitations. But this weekend I will upload a new version. The moon light its easy to add.
      YouTube:Coruja Games
      Twitter:@_corujagames
      Facebook:@corujagames
      Instagram:@_corujagames

      Comment


        #33
        this is meant to be a weather system, correct?

        Sort of wondering about something, things that could be possible. Unity has a 3rd party plug-in for a weather system, but seems to lack in some areas

        1) a drag & drop system for lightening effects or randomly generate lightening
        2) you know how storms effect the sea and waters, could that be possible the waters can be effected during the storms
        3) will the time of day be editable (like say 30 minutes or even 1 hour could be a 24 hour time cycle in-game)
        4) could you control how much particles pile up? Say, you have a snow area and snow just continues to fall, but you don't want an insane pile-up
        5) editable cloud system

        I'm sure I have other questions, but those are the ones that came to me at the moment

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Vata Raven View Post
          this is meant to be a weather system, correct?

          Sort of wondering about something, things that could be possible. Unity has a 3rd party plug-in for a weather system, but seems to lack in some areas

          1) a drag & drop system for lightening effects or randomly generate lightening
          2) you know how storms effect the sea and waters, could that be possible the waters can be effected during the storms
          3) will the time of day be editable (like say 30 minutes or even 1 hour could be a 24 hour time cycle in-game)
          4) could you control how much particles pile up? Say, you have a snow area and snow just continues to fall, but you don't want an insane pile-up
          5) editable cloud system

          I'm sure I have other questions, but those are the ones that came to me at the moment
          I'll update the main post with the features you want to add and those already implemented.
          But to answer your specific topics, here goes:

          1) Yes, I want to add thunder and flashes based on weather conditions. Yes. Fully random.
          2) No. I do not mean to mess with water, because there are already many plugins being developed also runs off a little of what I see as the weather system. But I intend to deliver material functions, applying sense of wet, so that it is easy to use and responsive to the weather system. As snow and dust.
          3) Just watch my config vídeo. There is a lot of tweaks can be done right now. Config Vídeo
          4) Yes. I want to in the end deliver some scalability tool for smaller graphics cards. But this is the last part. There's a lot ahead. And since I have a board that at best is average, if run well here, will run elsewhere.
          5) Yes. Im working on it right now. As the thunder, rain, snow, clouds, wind, dust. I want to put sliders, it may be possible to configure things like arid / humid, tropical / polar, average temperature... These things. And everything will be randonlly generated from these inputs.
          Last edited by Raziєl; 12-11-2014, 12:56 PM.
          YouTube:Coruja Games
          Twitter:@_corujagames
          Facebook:@corujagames
          Instagram:@_corujagames

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by reneberwanger View Post
            2) No. I do not mean to mess with water, because there are already many plugins being developed also runs off a little of what I see as the weather system. But I intend to deliver material functions, applying sense of wet, so that it is easy to use and responsive to the weather system. As snow and dust.
            If it's not too hard to answer, what effects the oceans during a storm? Since you said it wouldn't be something a weather wouldn't have

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Vata Raven View Post
              If it's not too hard to answer, what effects the oceans during a storm? Since you said it wouldn't be something a weather wouldn't have
              If you are talking about the wind, yes intend to do. If you want to plug the vectors that result in a plugin, go ahead.
              YouTube:Coruja Games
              Twitter:@_corujagames
              Facebook:@corujagames
              Instagram:@_corujagames

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by reneberwanger View Post
                If you are talking about the wind, yes intend to do. If you want to plug the vectors that result in a plugin, go ahead.
                Not sure what I'm talking about, could be the wind. But like during a storm, the waves just get more violent. So, I guess I'm wondering if the ocean can be in sync with the weather conditions, or in this case, how can the ocean be in sync with the weather conditions?

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Vata Raven View Post
                  Not sure what I'm talking about, could be the wind. But like during a storm, the waves just get more violent. So, I guess I'm wondering if the ocean can be in sync with the weather conditions, or in this case, how can the ocean be in sync with the weather conditions?
                  Yes. I will provide, Wind Direction (V3), Wind Power (Scalar) and Wind Variation Strenght (Scalar), randonly generated by weather. So. If You have a Ocean material or plugin, you can link both systems to responde with this vars.
                  If you wanna go more deep, you can use moon phases too. (already implemented).
                  Last edited by Raziєl; 12-12-2014, 04:48 PM.
                  YouTube:Coruja Games
                  Twitter:@_corujagames
                  Facebook:@corujagames
                  Instagram:@_corujagames

                  Comment


                    #39
                    thanks for your time on answering my questions

                    guess you thought of what was mostly needed to make your weather system feel complete

                    Comment


                      #40
                      New Update at first Post.

                      @joshezzell implemented moon light.
                      YouTube:Coruja Games
                      Twitter:@_corujagames
                      Facebook:@corujagames
                      Instagram:@_corujagames

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Awesome! Looking forward to having a look.

                        Question, will the skylight work if switched to Stationary? When the skylight is set to movable you lose any AO that is plugged into the material AO input. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but the material AO does a lot for PBR and certain textures/meshes (especially baked AO from models). If set to stationary I get the AO back, but I wonder if lighting will look correct and whether or not it will recapture the sky like you have setup in the blueprint.
                        --
                        Joshua
                        Multimedia Artist, Druid Gameworks
                        www.joshuaezzell.com
                        www.druidgameworks.com

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by joshezzell View Post
                          Awesome! Looking forward to having a look.

                          Question, will the skylight work if switched to Stationary? When the skylight is set to movable you lose any AO that is plugged into the material AO input. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but the material AO does a lot for PBR and certain textures/meshes (especially baked AO from models). If set to stationary I get the AO back, but I wonder if lighting will look correct and whether or not it will recapture the sky like you have setup in the blueprint.
                          Skylight need to be movable, to work with Distance Field AO. Its needed to work with Dynamic light.
                          YouTube:Coruja Games
                          Twitter:@_corujagames
                          Facebook:@corujagames
                          Instagram:@_corujagames

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Yeah, I understand that. What's interesting is that I still get DFAO when I set it to stationary. I assume you are forcing the sky light to be movable in the blueprint regardless the setting in the component.
                            --
                            Joshua
                            Multimedia Artist, Druid Gameworks
                            www.joshuaezzell.com
                            www.druidgameworks.com

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by joshezzell View Post
                              Yeah, I understand that. What's interesting is that I still get DFAO when I set it to stationary. I assume you are forcing the sky light to be movable in the blueprint regardless the setting in the component.
                              Are you using only my blueprint for light? Or You have yours Lights on scene?

                              Look this:

                              Originally posted by reneberwanger View Post
                              ...
                              • LPV You can enable with r.LightPropagationVolume = 1 in consolevariables.ini on Engine\4.X\Engine\Config folder. Just check this guide. LPV is Optional.
                              • PPV (Post Processing Volume), AtmosphericFog and lights is controlled by BP. You need just a fully empty scene.
                              • In World settings, check "Force No Precomputed lights" on Lightmass section. Then rebuild your scene. You dont need a lighmass importance volume, because this is a fully dynamic light setup.

                              ...
                              YouTube:Coruja Games
                              Twitter:@_corujagames
                              Facebook:@corujagames
                              Instagram:@_corujagames

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Yeah, I turned off the skylight, directional light, and atmospheric fog in our world space and let the blueprint take over.

                                Are you planning on implementing exponential fog? That can help give the distant misty effect. Works nice for mornings too.
                                --
                                Joshua
                                Multimedia Artist, Druid Gameworks
                                www.joshuaezzell.com
                                www.druidgameworks.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X