No announcement yet.

WIP: - UE4 'Slabs' Greyboxing system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be a useful consideration to be able to make it so the mesh uses complex collision (polygonal collision rather than primitive collision) as an option.
    Stylized Low Poly Environment
    Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
    Stylized Low Poly Buildings
    First Person Horror Template

Comment

Originally posted by SaxonRah View Post
      I thought so, This is exactly the same problem I'm having in my Lindenmayer System plugin. Maybe we can summon an epic dev to give us some information about C++ and the use of world space to local and vise versa and how to not get local movement offsets when moving in world. Because BP holds your hand for local to world. whereas C++ forces you to manage both. I've tried almost every combination of relative/world set/get/add and i still cannot figure this same problem out.

Edit: I never really had a problem with adding things in C++ then moving in the world and having this weird offset. I have to be overlooking something.
      Yeah the offset I don't quite understand, because technically on spawn the mesh and the root component would be in the same place so it shouldn't offset anyway, so I have no idea where this offset is coming from. I can't find anything else in the code aswell which would give it that sort of position. :S

Originally posted by Shirk View Post
      It would be a useful consideration to be able to make it so the mesh uses complex collision (polygonal collision rather than primitive collision) as an option.
      Oh yeah, I have that noted down. I might actually work on that now as the custom mesh stuff needs some work anyways.
      Last edited by JBroderick; 09-29-2016, 01:20 PM.
      PORTFOLIO
      BLOG
      LINKEDIN
      TWITTER
      YOUTUBE

I_DO_TRI GAMES DEVBLOG

Comment

Originally posted by JBroderick View Post
        Yeah the offset I don't quite understand, because technically on spawn the mesh and the root component would be in the same place so it shouldn't offset anyway, so I have no idea where this offset is coming from. I can't find anything else in the code aswell which would give it that sort of position. :S
        This guy had a similar problem and solved it. I haven't tried this, but the idea sounds promising.
        Youtube
        Machine Learning C++ Plugin
        Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

This is really neat. I can definitely see this being very popular as a replacement for BSP for greyboxing for sure, as well as very useful for low poly environment design! Awesome work.

Are you considering releasing it via the marketplace or something? Would love to get this in my library for future use when I finally get to working on games instead of marketplace content XD

Comment

Working...
          X