Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine for CAVE™, Multi wall, Cluster systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    This is amazing.This semester I met a similar case, can you share this CAVE VR plug-in to me?
    753243704@qq.com
    Thanks so much

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by 李阳2015 View Post
      This is amazing.This semester I met a similar case, can you share this CAVE VR plug-in to me?
      753243704@qq.com
      Thanks so much
      Its available now out of the box - nDisplay
      feel free to drop me a message at vitalii@pixelalabs.com if you need any help in deployment and support.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by hell0w0rld123 View Post

        Its available now out of the box - nDisplay
        feel free to drop me a message at vitalii@pixelalabs.com if you need any help in deployment and support.
        It's great! Er... the website of vrcluster cannot be open...
        Can you share this plugin for me?
        roabird@163.com
        These will help me a lot, thank you very much!

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by hell0w0rld123 View Post

          Its available now out of the box - nDisplay
          feel free to drop me a message at vitalii@pixelalabs.com if you need any help in deployment and support.
          Hello hell0w0rld123, I'm excited to use nDisplay and appreciate you sharing it. Upon inspecting the documentation, example file, and configuration file, I'm not seeing where to specify multiple displays for a single machine. Is this possible?

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by L05 View Post

            Hello hell0w0rld123, I'm excited to use nDisplay and appreciate you sharing it. Upon inspecting the documentation, example file, and configuration file, I'm not seeing where to specify multiple displays for a single machine. Is this possible?
            sure, you can specify few screens and few nodes in confguration file same way how it works for cluster. Just use same ip address.
            Nice GUI configuration tools on the way!

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by hell0w0rld123 View Post

              sure, you can specify few screens and few nodes in confguration file same way how it works for cluster. Just use same ip address.
              Nice GUI configuration tools on the way!
              Awesome, thanks! I'm excited to try this out this weekend!

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by hell0w0rld123 View Post

                sure, you can specify few screens and few nodes in confguration file same way how it works for cluster. Just use same ip address.
                Nice GUI configuration tools on the way!
                Hi hell0w0rld123, I've set up a simple two display test case based on the template file included in Unreal Engine (4.21.1). Everything seems to be set up properly, except when I press Run in the launcher, my UE4 application seems to pop up briefly with a black screen and then close.

                Other than the config file and corresponding filepath field in the editor, the template project is largely unchanged, and I've followed the instructions here as closely as possible. I've attached images of my setup and console messages as well as my config file (I've changed the extension to txt so it can be uploaded and replaced my IP address with localhost in this version for the sake of protecting my unique IP address).

                Do you have any ideas as to what might need to be corrected?

                **EDIT - PROBLEM SOLVED**

                After going through the files some more, I realized I forgot to include some arguments in the [cluster_node] section, specifically some settings needed for the host node. It should have read:
                [cluster_node] id=node_2_up addr=<localIpAddress> screen=screen_2_up viewport=vp_1080 port_cs=41001 port_ss=41002 master=true sound=true

                Once I included these arguments, everything works as expected and I was able to do multiple displays on one computer. For anyone else experimenting with this, I also realized the original template file designates two displays per node.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by L05; 12-17-2018, 03:55 PM.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Hi Pjotr,

                  First of all, congratulations - your work is excellent and the degree of pioneering / engineering involved are without precedent.

                  So good to see that determined people can achieve such outstanding results!


                  That being said - we are currently working on a UE4 project for a very large-scale exposition in Germany.

                  Originally, we planned to run the project on a high-resolution display / projector, but it was since decided that we have to take this one step further and run it on a setup with 5 individual projectors.


                  Would you mind me contacting you via PM for guidance on what approach to take to make this work?


                  Best regards & thank you very much in advance,

                  Til

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Hi hell0w0rld123, I've finally had the opportunity to try this on a setup with more than one display. I have three 1920x1080 projectors on three walls of a room (left, front, and right), all running from one machine. The three instances open properly, but they all appear on the same display. I can't seem to figure out what I'm supposed to do to get them to appear on separate displays and feel like I may be missing something that's straightforward. I've also tried modifying the example config files with no luck. There seem to be no other answers to this on the forum. I've attached my config file. Thanks!
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by L05 View Post
                      Hi hell0w0rld123, I've finally had the opportunity to try this on a setup with more than one display. I have three 1920x1080 projectors on three walls of a room (left, front, and right), all running from one machine. The three instances open properly, but they all appear on the same display. I can't seem to figure out what I'm supposed to do to get them to appear on separate displays and feel like I may be missing something that's straightforward. I've also tried modifying the example config files with no luck. There seem to be no other answers to this on the forum. I've attached my config file. Thanks!
                      You should specify positions of your app instances, you can do by specifying winx/winy/resx/resy parameters for each node (look at attached image).
                      Launcer automatically read this values and build correct launch strings for app.

                      Anyways, feel free to reach me at vitalii@pixelalabs.com

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by hell0w0rld123 View Post

                        You should specify positions of your app instances, you can do by specifying winx/winy/resx/resy parameters for each node (look at attached image).
                        Launcer automatically read this values and build correct launch strings for app.

                        Anyways, feel free to reach me at vitalii@pixelalabs.com
                        Oof! *facepalm* I looked through the documentation multiple times but somehow didn't see those parameters until checking back again after reading this response. Thanks so much for your help!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Hey hell0w0rld123, I am a student at university and got to get a project running on a power wall. After quiet some setbacks I finaly got it running. We have an active-stereo 3D Projector system at the university and for some reason I am incapable to get the nDisplay running for active stereo. I would be very happy for any help. Kind regards

                          Edit: I found some kind of work around for active Stereo. You can either move the camera position on your cluster by 0.064 if you are not using tracking. If you are using tracking you got to move the Origin by 0.064 on either your master or slave cluster. An other option is using side by side and use eye_swap=true on either of your cluster PC.

                          However an other Issue opened up. Was someone able to properly configure the Buttons on his tracking system and make them work?
                          I am using ART Flystick with Dtrack and VRPN.
                          Last edited by JourneylessHero; 05-15-2019, 10:04 AM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X