No announcement yet.

Simple Procedural Planets - BP only.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really awesome! All the things you can do with procedural generation... blows my mind!

Comment

Just a little tease. Maybe will be showing something bigger soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tease.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	579.7 KB
ID:	1123987

Comment

Hey [MENTION=8503]Z-enzyme[/MENTION] -

Looks nice so far. Cannot wait to see what you have to show off

Comment

Alright, playing with 4.16 features.

Comment

Name:	Galaxy_2.jpg
Size:	791.4 KB
ID:	1129846

Name:	Galaxy_1.jpg
Size:	917.7 KB
ID:	1129847

Name:	Galaxy_0.jpg
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	1129850

The Black Hole is a bit big... But, ah, well, it's still POC.
            Attached Files

Comment

Love it

How you doing your stars?

Comment

Originally posted by ioFlow Studios View Post
                Love it

How you doing your stars?
                A bit of math and instanced static meshes.

Comment

How many planets will you Procedural in your game?Is it infinite?

Comment

Trying to build this on vc++ 2015 but i'm getting this build error:

Code:
                    1>------ Build started: Project: ShaderCompileWorker, Configuration: Development_Program x64 ------
                    1>  Target is up to date
                    1>  Deploying ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development...
                    1>  Total build time: 0.22 seconds (NoActionsToExecute executor: 0.01 seconds)
                    2>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
                    2>  Creating makefile for UE4Editor (no existing makefile)
                    2>  Messages while compiling H:\UnrealEngine-4.17\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.dll:
                    2>h:\UnrealEngine-4.17\Engine\Plugins\Editor\SimplexNoise\Source\SimplexNoise\SimplexNoise.Build.cs(10,9): warning CS0618: 'UnrealBuildTool.ModuleRules.ModuleRules()' is obsolete: 'Please change your module constructor to take a ReadOnlyTargetRules parameter, and pass it to the base class constructor (eg. "MyModuleRules(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)").'
                    2>H:\UnrealEngine-4.17\Engine\Plugins\Editor\SimplexNoise\Source\SimplexNoise\SimplexNoise.Build.cs : warning : Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
                    2>  Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
                    2>  Building UnrealHeaderTool...
                    2>  Target is up to date
                    2>  Total build time: 0.23 seconds (NoActionsToExecute executor: 0.01 seconds)
                    2>  Parsing headers for UE4Editor
                    2>    Running UnrealHeaderTool UE4Editor "H:\UnrealEngine-4.17\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors
                    2>LogPluginManager : warning : Engine version string in ../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/SimplexNoise/SimplexNoise.uplugin could not be parsed ("4.17")
                    2>  Reflection code generated for UE4Editor in 15.0831475 seconds
                    2>H:\UnrealEngine-4.17\Engine\Plugins\Editor\SimplexNoise\Source\SimplexNoise\Private\SimplexNoiseBPLibrary.cpp(1): error : Expected SimplexNoiseBPLibrary.h to be first header included.
                    2>  Build canceled.
                    2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5): error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -waitmutex" exited with code 1.
                    ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
                    The following is what the .uplugin file looks like, i tried to change the version number hoping that it would make a different.

Code:
                    {
                        "PluginFileVersion" : 1,

"FriendlyName" : "Simplex Noise",
                        "Version" : 1,
                        "VersionName" : "1.0.0",
                        "CreatedBy" : "DavDad",
                        "CreatedByURL" : "https://art-and-code.com/",
                        "EngineVersion":"4.17",
                        "Description" : "SimplexNoise Blueprint Library to use in Unreal Engine 4",
                        "Category" : "ArtAndCodeSuite.SimplexNoise",
                        "EnabledByDefault" : true,

"Modules" :
                        [        
                            {
                                "Name" : "SimplexNoise",
                                "Type" : "Runtime",
                                "LoadingPhase" : "PreDefault",
                                "WhitelistPlatforms" : [ "Win64", "Win32", "Mac" ]
                            },

]
                    }
                    Anyways, any help would be appreciated since i have little experience with the C++ side of UE4

Edit: I fixed it, all i had to do was fix the header order....
                    Last edited by KennethE; 10-19-2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

The stuff about the build.cs are just warnings, you can (probably) ignore them.

The real error is this one:

Code:

SimplexNoiseBPLibrary.cpp(1): error : Expected SimplexNoiseBPLibrary.h to be first header included.
                      As it says, you could try moving the SimplexNoiseBPLibrary.h to be the first include file in SimplexNoiseBPLibrary.cpp. Though without looking at it and trying to compile it myself I may be missing something.
                      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Ok, i got it working by just changing the header order....which is confusing to me since i've never had to do that before...

However, i am having issues getting a demo working, I don't seem to have the same nodes that the OP has, my Simplex Noise 3D only has X Y Z and Return Value as well as the execution pins, but i do not have the rest of the pins on that node....

Also i have no nodes named Planet anything.... any ideas? have you had these issues?

Comment

Edit: Where's the download for this anyway? I can't seem to find it on the thread.

TBH I haven't played with this project at all. I'll look into it as planet terrain is one of my favorite things ever, and report back. Dunno about a timeframe though, might be a couple of days.

One thing you can do is look at the source and find which nodes it creates directly that way.

Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                            Edit: Where's the download for this anyway? I can't seem to find it on the thread.
                            he never released anything for his blueprint examples... but the plugin he's using for the noise generation is here: https://github.com/devdad/SimplexNoise

Comment

Working...
                            X