Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, that atmosphere material is really cool

Comment

Heh, moment of transition from outer space into atmosphere is fantastic!
      SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
      Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

WTF??? .... The talent level on the UE4 forums is mind blowing!

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
          WTF??? .... The talent level on the UE4 forums is mind blowing!
          O ****! I totally forgot about it! I am a game designer already, quit teaching half a year ago :P

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
          Heh, moment of transition from outer space into atmosphere is fantastic!
          You won't believe but it's a single lerp from distance to the planet that just changes power and multiply of the shader :P

Comment

Originally posted by Z-enzyme View Post
            O ****! I totally forgot about it! I am a game designer already, quit teaching half a year ago :P
            Well kudos, it looks great so far. Feel like saying any more?
            Are you at a Triple-A studio or starting your own shop etc???

Comment

[MENTION=8503]Z-enzyme[/MENTION] Awesome work! I love the crater system and atmosphere
              Dungeon Architect | Landscape Architect | City Architect | Tree Architect | Haste

Get in touch with me on Discord

Comment

Well kudos, it looks great so far. Feel like saying any more?
                Are you at a Triple-A studio or starting your own shop etc???
                Long story xD and no, I'm not in a triple A studio, just starting in an small indie studio with a little sponsoring.

Long story short.

Started coding with the first Unreal script back in 2000. But I do graphics mostly, animations and shades for Unreal. Been teaching English for 10 years cause that was the only thing I could do pretty well. Failed my maths and physics maturity test lol so couldn't study computer technology or programming.

Well, yeah.

Comment

Long story xD and no, I'm not in a triple A studio, just starting in an small indie studio with a little sponsoring. Long story short. Started coding with the first Unreal script back in 2000. But I do graphics mostly, animations and shades for Unreal. Been teaching English for 10 years cause that was the only thing I could do pretty well. Failed my maths and physics maturity test lol so couldn't study computer technology or programming.
                  Well if it makes you feel any better, I have that sort of background...
                  Yet no idea where to begin on something like this, so kudos again!

Comment

Ha, a little update. Now, after a planet is generated you can save it in your map in PlanetData variables, it's not a mesh but only mesh data which is regenerated in just few seconds after the game starts. So, I can stream it now! No need for savegames to store planet data!

Comment

Ha, a little update. Now, after a planet is generated you can save it in your map in PlanetData variables, it's not a mesh but only mesh data which is regenerated in just few seconds after the game starts. So, I can stream it now! No need for savegames to store planet data!
                      Got to admit this is a super cool update

Comment

Right now checking how vehicle physics work with planets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	1112811

Not that bad. This planet has 204800 cm radius but mu pawn and my rover are half the real size. So it gives like 21.100.000 km^2 in game if my calculations are right, but I'm really bad at maths. :P
                        Gonna post video later when other things are finished.

Or maybe a playable build?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow dude, this is awesome. Fantastic work so far, looking really impressive especially with the included atmosphere effects now. You could easily make this into a sweet procedurally generated game. Also should say reminds me a bit of Astroneer. Good work and good luck!!
                          lucasgovatos.net | Twitter | Epitasis - A Colorful Exploration Puzzle Game

Comment

Originally posted by Higuy8000 View Post
                            You could easily make this into a sweet procedurally generated game. Also should say reminds me a bit of Astroneer.
                            Astroneer is a cute looking game.. Low poly Space Engineers meets Kerbal SP...???

[MENTION=8503]Z-enzyme[/MENTION]
                            Entirely unselfishly I say, why not give away this procedural tool to the community for free (PR)
                            More seriously, why not team up with a procedural foliage project to help populate the planets?

Comment

Entirely unselfishly I say, why not give away this procedural tool to the community for free (PR)
                              More seriously, why not team up with a procedural foliage project to help populate the planets?
                              Problem is - the generation time. These planets are not generated in real time, and the generation takes ages. So, for now it'll stay like this.
                              To team up, well, will think about it. Thanks.

Comment

A little update. Been working on other systems now, for a real time map grid generation (turned lame imo) with POI signatures, and vehicle physics on a planet. Well, the last one works just fine. Also tried to make some decent model, still early WIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X