No announcement yet.

Sane – Third Person Adventure Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a lot of characters coming up in the next weeks, this time I would like to show you "Emma", maid of the mansion part of the game takes place in:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Emma03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	602.2 KB
ID:	1114959

Name:	Emma01.jpg
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	1114960

Name:	Emma02.jpg
Size:	394.2 KB
ID:	1114961

All renders ingame rendered in Unreal Engine 4 ofc.

Next time we are going to share our first (kinda) non-human character so stay tuned for that!

We welcome any kind of feedback so if you notice anything that needs fixing or have something else to say we are happy to hear it

Comment

Its screenshot saturday so its time for some ingame screens:
      Meet "Reynard", half human, half fox and quite the little prankster!

Name:	14380079_650652618442452_7212081142673182917_o.jpg
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	1115524

Name:	14324471_650652668442447_6349570497491277453_o.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	1115525

For this character we used Neoglyphics NeoFur Plugin for Unreal which was super easy to setup and we think it looks phenomenal.

Let us know what you think!
      Attached Files

Comment

Little Development update without screenshots today.
        We recently created a website, a twitter and an Instagram where you can find all the info and images we posted so far and which we are going to update constantly. Check them out if your interested

Comment

Woah! I just came across this. I really enjoy your latest model, "Reynard."

Very interesting concept, and I anticipate seeing more! Your art direction is fantastic.
          Tony Manfredonia - Composer | Orchestrator
          * The Wayward Isles * Call of Saregnar *

Twitter
          Website
          Email
          Click here to view Small Change, Massive Difference, a tutorial series I designed to help solo game developers improve their video game's music!

Comment

Thanks a lot! We are glad to hear that you like it

We are actually ready to show another character called "Zoe":

Name:	Zoe01.jpg
Size:	703.5 KB
ID:	1115885

ofc she doesnt always wear a cap so here is the same screen without:

Spoiler

Some more screens:

Spoiler

Name:	Zoe03.jpg
Size:	525.7 KB
ID:	1115889

As always all screenshots were taken inside UE4.

We are currently doing a big writeup introducing all of the characters we have shown so far. We will probably release that sometime in the next two weeks.

Ive also been asked for tutorials on my pipeline in creating these characters a few times so if I find the time I will make one.
            If you ( yes you!) are interested in that let me know. When a lot of people are interested I will get to it sooner

Comment

Development has slowed down a bit during the last two weeks as the team is moving into an actual studio and leaves the desks at home behind to serve as mere gaming stations
              If everything goes smoothly we are going to finish moving this weekend.

Of course we did not stop working on the game and with the new focus on environment art we created a lot of blueprints to speed up the process and also looked at some plugins. One of those is TrueSky by Simul, you can check out a short clip of our evaluation test right here:

Looks really promising! We just have to do some more tests but things are looking good and we would like to use it!

Comment

Environment Art has started and we are currently creating tons of textures and materials!

All of these are rendered in Unreal on a simple plane

We are mainly using Substance Designer to create our Textures, such an awesome tool!
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]114489[/ATTACH]
                Feel free to let us know what you think!
                Attached Files

Comment

I would like to see some character tutorials.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Galeon
                    We still want to make that tutorial but it might take a little longer.
                    Things have been a bit hectic with the move to the new studio (isnt going to happen this weekend since there is still no internet access in the office :/ ) but thanks to your feedback its now higher up on our to do list

Comment

We started working on the ui for our game and have a couple of styles we are experimenting with for our icons:

Feel free to let us know which one is your favorite!

This is what they are supposed to look like ingame when applied to the radial menu for our inventory:

This ingame screenshot is taken from a level thats still in its greybox stage so please ignore the environment art for now
                      Attached Files

Comment

Currently preparing some delicious pasta for our terrain shader:

Name:	pasta.PNG
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	1118899

Gonna share the result later today, we have a really cool setup with tesslation and paintable puddles which are masked by heightmaps etc.
                        Had quite a few problems with the terrain just displaying the basic grey material and other stuff but everythings working now. Just gotta clean up those messy shaders.

Comment

This is the result of the spaghetti monster I posted earlier today:

Its one of our terrain materials. It blends between the textures with their heightmap and has distance based tessellation.
                          You can also paint in procedural puddles that conform to the underlying textures:
                          Same scene without puddles:
                          The puddles have settings like depth to control their color and opacity or edge wetness

I still get a weird x3004 compile error on the material but it doesnt seem to prevent it from working. Not really sure whats happening there it shows up suddenly and then disappears again...
                          It takes forever to compile after changing something so searching for the cause is giving me a headache. If somebody has experienced this before Id be glad to know what caused it.

Im quite happy with the result. What do you guys think?
                          Last edited by Loginius; 11-25-2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

We got some great feedback in the fb groups for unreal devs and 10k and a few people over there asked for a breakdown so we created one on our devblog:

http://sanethegame.net/2016/11/26/la...ial-breakdown/

Thought I might as well share it here. Check it out if you are interested in seeing how this material works

Comment

Added wind and player interaction to our foliage:

Our system uses vertex color to drive the world position offset of the material, very similar to what you can find in the content examples.

The reception of the breakdown for the landscape material we did yesterday really suprised us (in a possitive way). Please let us know if you are interested in more content like that.

Comment

We added a moss material layer to our rocks!
                                It has some nice parameters and should allow for really fast placement.

Its xyz-worldaligned so that we can use it for nice blends between meshes.
                                The parameters drive how much of the rock it covers, how strong the normalmap should influence the result and if there should be a color overlay on the edge of the intersection (for nice brown moss around the edges)
                                Vertex color is used to mask the whole effect by hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X