Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLUGIN] UnrealVoxel - blocky Minecraft-like infinite world + download

Hey everyone,

I want to share with You my version of voxel based Minecraft-like infinite world. I was inspired by John Alcatraz who did really great job making his prototype only with blueprints. I focused more on C++ instead to get the best performance. I create only the front faces from the outward voxels. I even manage to remove the chunk connections using the additional information shared between chunks.
    Two weeks ago You could follow creation process on my twitch channel (http://twitch.tv/Tefel) where I did almost everything from algorythmic point. During last two weeks I was improving graphics, effects, menus and also adding more functionalities and features.

Toolkit avaiable on Sellfy 4.22!: https://sellfy.com/p/Ho2F/

Download demo: http://bit.ly/UnrealVoxel

Don't forget to check my Youtube Unreal Engine 4 channel. I upload there my work (tutorials and prototypes). Every single like and subsribe can help me to grow. Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	4_thumb.png Views:	1 Size:	726.0 KB ID:	1185963

Click image for larger version  Name:	1_thumb.png Views:	1 Size:	897.9 KB ID:	1185965

Click image for larger version  Name:	2_thumb.png Views:	1 Size:	824.3 KB ID:	1185964

Click image for larger version  Name:	3_thumb.png Views:	1 Size:	727.2 KB ID:	1185966

Enjoy!

Graphics: All assets in this project are either created entirely by myself or were released as Public Domain and then used directly or edited by me.
    Music: free, classical, ambient made by Sergey Cheremisinov & Philipp Weigl

This is just small side-project, prototype made on my twitch stream (http://twitch.tv/Tefel) where people could follow a creation process. To make this more enjoable I was trying to be really close to the original Minecraft game. While it's looking similar to Minecraft, my intention was not to create a game similar to Minecraft but just challenge myself and check overall look of all additional Unreal Engine 4 effects.

There is a lot of small things You can notice while trying this prototype
    - procedurally generated World with wide range of randomness (seed makes whole thing looks much different every time)
    - wind effect for the trees and all other custom elements like flower and grass
    - advanced materials with normals, displacement, shaders, shifting grass, removing tiling effect and adding additional 3D noises for sand and stones
    - advanced particles like falling leaves, birds
    - independent scene actors - the butterflies
    - cracking effect, destructible mesh effect
    - simple inventory based on UMG
    - savegame system based on C++ finding .sav files - simplicity 1 file = 1 game
    - more than 50 sounds for different type of voxel and tool using
    - menu system with GPU / CPU settings
    - additional options to make this thing more funny like rounded material for trees, BIGGER/SMALLER blocks etc.

I decided to upload source code but it all will depend on people being interested. Some likes and subscribes can help me to grow my UE4 Youtube channel where I put a lot of effort recording tutorials and other UE4 related materials.

Funny fact is that I have never played Minecraft but maybe I will

Please share Your thoughts about this!
    Last edited by Tefel; 04-05-2019, 05:44 PM.

Awesome work, looks great!

Comment

Very beautiful i would like to see more !
      it will be awesome to see the implementation of the generation/culling ....

Comment

Thanks! Here is a direct download link: http://bit.ly/UnrealVoxel
        Last edited by Tefel; 06-13-2016, 05:50 AM.

Comment

very nice! i would be very much interested in source files if possible if not, thanks anyway for what you released so far!

Comment

Wow very nice! Keep up the awesome work
            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Tefel View Post
              Hey everyone,

I want to share ... Please share Your thoughts about this!
              Beautiful work. Can you share the material for leaves of crown tree, especially the wind for leaves of the tree? Thanks
              Celestial Creator - 3D luxurious builder and shooter game in Steam for Win32&64
              Construct and build very quickly and intuitively with highest appearance brilliant, elegant, impressive, fabulous, outstanding, magnificent, gorgeous, tremendous, majestic, imperial and superior objects, shapes, buildings, crafting, levels, worlds. Then protect them

Comment

this is just wind function node + world displacement

Comment

Originally posted by Tefel View Post
                  this is just wind function node + world displacement
                  You mean SimpleGrassWind or Panner node? Could you take a simple screenshot?
                  Celestial Creator - 3D luxurious builder and shooter game in Steam for Win32&64
                  Construct and build very quickly and intuitively with highest appearance brilliant, elegant, impressive, fabulous, outstanding, magnificent, gorgeous, tremendous, majestic, imperial and superior objects, shapes, buildings, crafting, levels, worlds. Then protect them

Comment

SimpleGrassWind

Comment

nice work.

Comment

Thanks!
                        By the way this is not a game. It is only a prototype but maybe it should turn into the game? I am thinking about something like Harvest Moon with challanges of finding resources like water etc. I have also an idea how to change basic shape square to be something more unusual and not being Minecraft clone.

Comment

turn it into a game yes
                          Its very cool.

Comment

I've updated the information
                            Last edited by Tefel; 06-15-2016, 05:32 AM.

Comment

if i had a good pc... i would already have made a letsplay out of it XD
                              I sooo much love voxel games like this.

But its lagging extremly even on lower settings... Its horrible :c my blueprint clone is even faster.
                              Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X