WIP: Space ship vehicle, interactable and online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I built it based on the Flying template so really I missed this, right now it does not rotate on "roll" axis, but you can press a key to disable the roll locking to let the ship move in 0 gravity

Im not sure if I replied to your question hehe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does it use 6DOF to avoid Gimbal Lock?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah ok, nevermind. Thanks! Is it a cubemap or sphere for the background?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry but the enviroment is not made by me, it´s a level included on the shooter game

You can find it on the marketplace

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could you share the skybox or explain how you created it? I would love to understand this better. Looks fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What do you mean with MFD? the central hollogram? the control panels on the sides of the pilot?

For the first Im using a little model, that updates his rotation each tick, pointing to the direction I want

For the second one, for now Its just a simple material, in the future I would like to animate it, or even make it show real status bars of the ship

I have not tried UMG right now so Im not sure if its a good idea to use it for that, I cant help you out with that, sorry :S

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice, I was wondering how you did the cockpit MFD display, is it working in game ?
    I believe UMG will support 3d projection from 4.6 do you think this is a good option ?

thanks
    Fred

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you Arixsus, BPs are really awesome for small teams or speed projects

I was thinking on release some finished versions on the marketplace, maybe in some weeks hehe, some of my content is almost ready to be published (in the final versions)

Anyway if I sell it I think it wont be expensive

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nesjett. You are a BP beast my friend! You need to finish these out and release them to the Marketplace and you will be RICH! But no seriously, I think a lot of people would purchase these frameworks to use as building blocks for some excellent ideas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here we go, you can download the ship here http://goo.gl/FdeKbU but take into account that Its not clean, needs to be refactored.

To use it I recomend you to download shooter example game for 4.2, add the folders you will download into the content folder of the project, and the you can update to latest UE4 rev if you wish

The ship should work on any project, not only in shooter game, but you should set it up first, and then migrate the contents you want

The latest ship is in blueprints folder, called BP_Ship3, the other ships are old

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi wiNt, yes, I can share it if you really want it, but the ship is unfinished, and needs to be refactored

Keep in mind that it was made with the first versions of the UE4, Im not sure if it works for the current release, moreover it was my first Blueprints Proyect, so probably there are thinks that now I would do in another way.

Ill upload it soon, keep an eye on this thread, Ill announce it here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello.
    Would you be so nice and share files from "WIP: Space ship vehicle, interactable and online" ?
    I would like to teach some Blueprints from bests, thats why I asking.
    Thanks for understanding,
    Peter

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A little update, cockpit screenshots:

The glass material needs some improvements.
    The little ship hologram points to your target, its your navigation reference, including your ship roll, yaw and pitch.

Next update:
    - Pusable buttons inside cockpit (dynamic interact)
    Last edited by Nesjett; 08-11-2014, 06:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New updates:

- When fire starts, vehicle starts loosing health and a red light starts bligthing
    - Engine materials changes to give a nice effect when you power on/off the ship
    - Lose of control if vehicle gets heavy damaged but not destructed instantly.
    - If takes damage and a fire starts (randomly), start making damage to the vehicle, and loosing control too.
    - Different sounds if you are on space or on a planet (with air friction, etc)
    - Better ship model added, 3d not made by me, but with rights to use
    - WIP: Animate ship to open close the cockpit when entering/exiting the vehicle
    - Exiting the vehicle now makes player to appear in the correct place (infront the ship)
    - 2 new cameras added, 3rd person behind view, 3rd person back view, you can change the view between them with keyboard keys.

Ill upload a new video showing the features soon.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nesjett; 07-07-2014, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yo this looks very good man. Impressive!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X