No announcement yet.

Denny's Research and Development

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you n00854180t. I definitely want to do some game with melee in the future, but it is not on the road map right now. A sword just happened to be the easiest prop to model and pose with.

I've worked with PhAT before in UE3 and doing what you suggest may not be as reliable as using easing functions. I think the biggest problem would appear when you want to use physics for other behaviors on the character and it is already occupied by the tweening process. It is a good suggestion though, I have yet to dabble with PhAT in UE4 and I think there are some tricks worth trying out, like blending dying to ragdoll.

Thank you for dropping by.
    Last edited by Denny; 07-16-2014, 08:25 AM.
    Programmer, Rigger, Animator - Demo Reel 2015 - My RnD / WIP thread - www.dennylindberg.com
    Worked on: Kitten'd - Guardians of Valor (Android, iOS)

Comment

Blueprint Easing Function Library

I could not resist spending a few hours implementing an easing library. I think I used pretty much every easing resource available on the web for reference. I don't take credit for the math, only the implementation.

The functions use an input Alpha value, expecting a value between 0.0-1.0. Output is a value that starts/end at 0.0/1.0 with some overdrive as seen in the video. The only exception are the elastic functions which also has a parameter for frequency.

The function library can be downloaded below for UE4 4.3.0. Instructions can be found inside the ReadMe file.
      http://dennylindberg.com/downloads/u...ionLibrary.zip
      Last edited by Denny; 07-16-2014, 11:50 PM.
      Programmer, Rigger, Animator - Demo Reel 2015 - My RnD / WIP thread - www.dennylindberg.com

Comment

Very, very, Awesome...thanks for sharing...

Our Twitter is just plain Sad. Help us out with Retweets and Follows
        UE4 WIP Thread

Comment

Nice, this is handy, thx!

Comment

President, Raikoh: Enjoy!

Comment

Hey, nice work! Thank you!
              Rocketeer

my portfolio
              my youtube

Simple Portals
              Water Flow For UDK
              Setup Swarm

Comment

Very nice man, this will help my melee project alot :-)

Comment

Hi Denny,
                  I was looking for a solution to use easing in my blueprints. Your library solved my problems.
                  Thank you!

Comment

redbox, TheOneWolf, Malheiro: Thank you for stopping by.

In regards to this thread, sorry for the lack of updates. I have been busy with my day job and freelance in my free time. Downtime is important so I'm using the few hours I have left to just relax.

Comment

Maya Tutorial - Setting up an automated knee

This is not exactly UE4, but it can very well be used for any characters for a game. If you're interested in rigging I recommend watching this tutorial for how to do a stable automated knee setup for IK legs.

Comment

Maya Tutorial - Using dynamic rotation pivots in your rigs

Another Maya rigging tutorial. Showing how to work with dynamic pivots. I am just about to finish up some freelance tasks which has kept me busy for the last few months, so I can get back to UE4 now.

(60 fps available when 720/1080 is finished processing)

Comment

Some really good stuff here Denny.
                          Been fiddling with blending/overdriving poses based on your "Overgrowth Style" example above.
                          Shows promise

Thanks!
                          Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            Blueprint Easing Function Library

I could not resist spending a few hours implementing an easing library. I think I used pretty much every easing resource available on the web for reference. I don't take credit for the math, only the implementation.

The functions use an input Alpha value, expecting a value between 0.0-1.0. Output is a value that starts/end at 0.0/1.0 with some overdrive as seen in the video. The only exception are the elastic functions which also has a parameter for frequency.

The function library can be downloaded below for UE4 4.3.0. Instructions can be found inside the ReadMe file.
                            http://dennylindberg.com/downloads/u...ionLibrary.zip
                            Very nice man! I'll definitely find some use for this, visualization is sweet too
                            Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Comment

Very useful, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

Sorry for not doing any updates for a while, life has been super busy. I get my daily UE4-fix at work, so there's not much left to do when I get home. Hopefully I can show some interesting stuff in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X