Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archviz Project

Hello, guys!

This is a remake of a scene I made for UE3 more than one year ago. I decided to rebuild this scene in UE4 to learn a little bit about the new engine. Here we go:

edit: the first 4 images bellow are from an update on this project to improve the graphics with new techniques I've learned during the last year (24/04/2015)

These ones are from 2014 version:

Here is the link for the UE3 scene: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...rchviz-Project

Despite the lack of real time GI, I'm amazed with the new shaders and how outstanding the editor's interface is! It's everything so easy to find and so organized. The Epic's guys are the best, congratulations for such a great work!
    Any chance to still get the SVOGI in a future update? This would turn it into the most perfect engine ever!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rabellogp; 06-17-2015, 08:54 AM. Reason: project update
    Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
    Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

this is amazing, did you have to tweak the lighting any?
    12 CatBlack Studios - One man with a dream, to create amazing things...
    RPG Engine Toolkit: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...engine-toolkit
    Auto Terrain Cover V3: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ver-V3-Release
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuT...VDuzeIeJ6_j1pA
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/12-Ca...52913014823124

Comment

Originally posted by Shoiko View Post
      this is amazing, did you have to tweak the lighting any?
      Thanks!

Yes, I did change BaseLightmass.ini the same way I did in UE3:

Code:
      [DevOptions.StaticLightingProductionQuality]
      NumShadowRaysScale=8
      NumPenumbraShadowRaysScale=32
      ApproximateHighResTexelsPerMaxTransitionDistanceScale=6
      MinDistanceFieldUpsampleFactor=5
      ;NumHemisphereSamplesScale=8
      NumHemisphereSamplesScale=64
      ;NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale=3
      NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale=24
      ;NumDirectPhotonsScale=4
      NumDirectPhotonsScale=128
      ; Decrease direct photon search distance so that we will have more accurate shadow transitions.  This requires a higher density of direct photons.
      ;DirectPhotonSearchDistanceScale=.5
      DirectPhotonSearchDistanceScale=.1
      ;NumIndirectPhotonPathsScale=2
      NumIndirectPhotonPathsScale=4
      ; Need a lot of indirect photons since we have increased the number of first bounce photons to use for final gathering with NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale
      ;NumIndirectPhotonsScale=8
      NumIndirectPhotonsScale=16
      NumIndirectIrradiancePhotonsScale=2
      ; Decreasing the record radius results in more records, which increases quality
      RecordRadiusScaleScale=.25
      InterpolationMaxAngleScale=.75
      IrradianceCacheSmoothFactor=.75
      NumAdaptiveRefinementLevels=3
      AdaptiveBrightnessThresholdScale=.25
      AdaptiveFirstBouncePhotonConeAngleScale=2.5

Comment

BTW does anybody know if there is a way to choose between realtime and spherical reflection? I see UE4 alternate automatically between both techniques, but I'd really like to set only realtime reflections for some surfaces (like important glass doors, etc).

Comment

WOW! a great deal of improvement from the UE3 version, the shaders and the lighting bring it to life.
          Joseph C. - 3D Artist
          http://www.vertexhero.com/

Comment

AMAZING DUDE!
            i have 1 question, i am new to UE4 engine " never done anywork on any engine" i am wondering how do u get these props "chairs glass and book shelf and doors and stairs road outside and trees" i just can't find out how can i get these or where do i go to learn how to get them, please could u explain to me the way or youtube link to a guide for UE4 basics or downloading these textures/ props ?
            again this is so awesome i can't wait to learn how to do things :/

Comment

Originally posted by Darksul View Post
              AMAZING DUDE!
              i have 1 question, i am new to UE4 engine " never done anywork on any engine" i am wondering how do u get these props "chairs glass and book shelf and doors and stairs road outside and trees" i just can't find out how can i get these or where do i go to learn how to get them, please could u explain to me the way or youtube link to a guide for UE4 basics or downloading these textures/ props ?
              again this is so awesome i can't wait to learn how to do things :/
              Thanks!

Those are not UE4's props. They are from a library I use for archviz projects. I just imported them into UE and created the materials.

Comment

wonderfull, le lighting is awesome .

if i can suggest something, try another texture for the floor, something blacky
                like this for example
                http://www.houzz.com/photos/690816/b...r-tiles-dallas
                or
                http://seamless-pixels.blogspot.com/...s-texture.html

to get something like this
                http://www.mrs-stone-store.com/produ...600&width=1100

anyway , keep up the good work

Comment

Wow the difference between this scene in UE3 vs UE4 is very noticeable. Great job, looks wonderful.

Comment

Nice!
                    That's a big improvement. Looks much more "real"
                    Just wanted to note that UE4 has an entirely new Lightmass sytem that should produce much better results without hitting the INI (Not perfect, but way better). There's also some settings in the editor that you can tweak that should allow better results without ini tweaking. Did you give those a go before diving into the ini or were they still insufficient for Arch-viz?
                    Again... NICE!
                    (I'd Like more shiny on the floor tho :P)

Comment

Really nice to look at , i like unreal archiviz

Comment

looks nice maybe release a real time demo? thatd be sweet :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Shannon View Post
                          Nice!
                          That's a big improvement. Looks much more "real"
                          Just wanted to note that UE4 has an entirely new Lightmass sytem that should produce much better results without hitting the INI (Not perfect, but way better). There's also some settings in the editor that you can tweak that should allow better results without ini tweaking. Did you give those a go before diving into the ini or were they still insufficient for Arch-viz?
                          Again... NICE!
                          (I'd Like more shiny on the floor tho :P)
                          Yes, actually I decided to take a look at the files to see if I could find something similar to the UE3's ini file after rendering the light with the production settings. It is better than UE3 indeed, but I think it still not enough to reproduce details like precise indirect shadows. With the tweaks I can see some indirect shadows under the stair steps and get rid of some defective spots on plain white walls. Actually, with exactly the same settings I've used in UE3 ini, I still can't get as many details. It looks like UE4's lightmass is way smoother and artifacts free, but it is lacking details (maybe it's just an initial impression).

I didn't have time to mess with the new parameters inside the editor tough, I'll make more tests soon.

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
                            Hello, guys!

This is a remake of a scene I made for UE3 more than one year ago. I've been working with archviz for 10 years and when I heard that UE4's SVOGI was canceled I think I felt some tears rolling down...

Anyway, I decided to rebuild this scene to know the new engine and learn a little bit about it. Here we go:

Here is the link for the UE3 scene: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...rchviz-Project

Despite the lack of real time GI, I'm amazed with the new shaders and how outstanding the editor's interface is! It's everything so easy to find and so organized. The Epic's guys are the best, congratulations for such a great work!
                            Any chance to still get the SVOGI in a future update? This would turn it into the most perfect engine ever!

Excellent work
                            UE4 high res character modelling, rigging for facial and full body animation - HERE
                            Dave Saxon/AKA Lex Luthor Channel
                            Seek And Destroy Games Channel
                            Our Website here.
                            Download free animations here

Comment

Here are the results of some tests I've made with Lightmass:

This is the default Production quality level results:

Production quality level with the following settings:

And this is the Production quality level with static light level sacale = 0.7 and the following BaseLightmass tweaks (it's what I've made for the first screens in the topic):
                              Code:
                              [DevOptions.StaticLightingProductionQuality]
                              NumShadowRaysScale=8
                              NumPenumbraShadowRaysScale=32
                              ApproximateHighResTexelsPerMaxTransitionDistanceScale=6
                              MinDistanceFieldUpsampleFactor=5
                              ;NumHemisphereSamplesScale=8
                              NumHemisphereSamplesScale=64
                              ;NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale=3
                              NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale=24
                              ;NumDirectPhotonsScale=4
                              NumDirectPhotonsScale=128
                              ; Decrease direct photon search distance so that we will have more accurate shadow transitions.  This requires a higher density of direct photons.
                              ;DirectPhotonSearchDistanceScale=.5
                              DirectPhotonSearchDistanceScale=.1
                              ;NumIndirectPhotonPathsScale=2
                              NumIndirectPhotonPathsScale=4
                              ; Need a lot of indirect photons since we have increased the number of first bounce photons to use for final gathering with NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale
                              ;NumIndirectPhotonsScale=8
                              NumIndirectPhotonsScale=16
                              NumIndirectIrradiancePhotonsScale=2
                              ; Decreasing the record radius results in more records, which increases quality
                              RecordRadiusScaleScale=.25
                              InterpolationMaxAngleScale=.75
                              IrradianceCacheSmoothFactor=.75
                              NumAdaptiveRefinementLevels=3
                              AdaptiveBrightnessThresholdScale=.25
                              AdaptiveFirstBouncePhotonConeAngleScale=2.5

The differences are in the shadows and corner lighting. It's easier to see if you open the three images in different tabs and switch between them.
                              I think the default Production quality is good enough for games with lots of textures. Plus being still in the rooms while staring at little shadows and corners are not an ordinary task in most cases =D. But for archviz, admiring the details is everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X