No announcement yet.

Landscape Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LOD can be easily adjusted with a config parameter. I use a lower resolution mesh for collision

Dungeon Architect | Landscape Architect | City Architect | Tree Architect | Haste

Get in touch with me on Discord

Comment

Dam Ali.

Now i love you and hate, that was my summer project (something i planned to start mid june), :P

But anyway great stuff, esp that voxel support. If you make it realtime, some great RTS may be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
        Landscape architect is a procedural landscape generator. It lets you design and build landscapes within the UE4 editor workflow and automatically takes care of setting up the materials, foliage, world composition etc

Some early screens:

Node based Editor for designing your landscapes:

I've implemented a perlin noise node that creates the basic structure for mountains. I've also implemented an erosion node that runs a erosion algorithm over the mountain to make it look more realistic. I'll be adding a lot more nodes and various tooling to define roads, rivers etc

Here is a 2x2km patch

Is this coming in time for 4.12 in next month or 4.13 in May?

Comment

There's some incredibly interesting stuff being done on here recently...

And none of it from Epic, like this and this and now this, Kudos!

Looking forward to seeing some close-up video fly-thru's if you have any...

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
            Dam Ali.

Now i love you and hate, that was my summer project (something i planned to start mid june), :P

But anyway great stuff, esp that voxel support. If you make it realtime, some great RTS may be done.
            Thanks! The voxel landscape works during runtime. However I'm not sure of the Heightmap based. From a quick overview I had, UE4 removes the landscape editing features from the runtime build and is available only in the editor module. I'll look for a workaround for the runtime height map landscapes
            Dungeon Architect | Landscape Architect | City Architect | Tree Architect | Haste

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
              Is this coming in time for 4.12 in next month or 4.13 in May?
              [MENTION=287455]jojo8026[/MENTION] I'm sorry, I can't commit on that yet. I'll keep you posted here

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                There's some incredibly interesting stuff being done on here recently...

And none of it from Epic, like this and this and now this, Kudos!

Looking forward to seeing some close-up video fly-thru's if you have any...
                [MENTION=11397]franktech[/MENTION] Thanks! I'll have texturing support soon and put up a flyby video

Comment

Originally posted by KoldKam View Post
                  Hey! Thank you but no users were found when I searched for that ID on Steam?

EDIT: I found you on Skype though?
                  Hey Ali, I don't know if you saw this or not, haha.

Comment

Planets!

Comment

Originally posted by KoldKam View Post
                      Hey Ali, I don't know if you saw this or not, haha.

KoldKam, I PM'ed you

Comment

Wow, I wish I was clever enough to be able to do those voxel landscapes (I'd love to have that in Eden).

Beautiful work Ali Akbar (as usual).

Comment

Voxel all the way really. Landscapes are so XX century tech.

You could also do voxel only, then add some editor function that bakes voxel into landscape. At this point user can edit it as landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by ioFlow Studios View Post
                            Wow, I wish I was clever enough to be able to do those voxel landscapes (I'd love to have that in Eden).

Beautiful work Ali Akbar (as usual).
                            Hey Simon, your dynamic textures tutorial was very helpful for city architect. Thanks for making it! Eden is looking really nice. Keep up the awesome work!

Comment

Added Ambient Occlusion baking. After generating the landscape, from each generated vertex, I shoot rays and query the nearby density field and save the occlusion data as vertex color. It is sampled for far and short occlusion ranges

Last edited by Ali Akbar; 05-25-2016, 03:50 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
                                Voxel all the way really. Landscapes are so XX century tech.

You could also do voxel only, then add some editor function that bakes voxel into landscape. At this point user can edit it as landscape.
                                Voxels won't work with the heightmap based landscape tooling available in the editor, since the heightmap data is saved in a 2D texture, while voxel data is saved in 3D

I have ideas for some interesting tooling around this

In the mean time, some close up procedural scenes for first person / third person games

Comment

Working...
                                X