Landscape Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscape Architect

Landscape architect is a procedural landscape generator. It lets you design and build landscapes within the UE4 editor workflow and automatically takes care of setting up the materials, foliage, world composition etc

It supports two types of procedural landscapes:

Heightmap Based

Voxel Based

Last edited by Ali Akbar; 03-18-2017, 08:38 AM.
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

I've implemented a perlin noise node that creates the basic structure for mountains. I've also implemented an erosion node that runs a erosion algorithm over the mountain to make it look more realistic. I'll be adding a lot more nodes and various tooling to define roads, rivers etc

Here is a 2x2km patch

Apart from the Heightmap based landscapes (which UE4 supports), I'm looking to add support for Voxel based landscapes by implementing all the awesomeness in this gpu gems article
    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 05-24-2016, 01:14 PM.

Discord Support

Comment

Woahhhh Ali, back at it again with architect plugins. This looks great man, you never cease to amaze me. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Do you have a Skype or Steam account I could contact you on? I've been working on some plugins and I have a few questions. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by KoldKam View Post
        Woahhhh Ali, back at it again with architect plugins. This looks great man, you never cease to amaze me. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Do you have a Skype or Steam account I could contact you on? I've been working on some plugins and I have a few questions. Thank you!
        [MENTION=1978]KoldKam[/MENTION] Thanks! I'd be glad to help. My steam id is: CoreDumped2082

Discord Support

Comment

This looks super cool and is very much needed in the unreal community.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
            Landscape architect is a procedural landscape generator. It lets you design and build landscapes within the UE4 editor workflow and automatically takes care of setting up the materials, foliage, world composition etc

Some early screens:

Node based Editor for designing your landscapes:

I've implemented a perlin noise node that creates the basic structure for mountains. I've also implemented an erosion node that runs a erosion algorithm over the mountain to make it look more realistic. I'll be adding a lot more nodes and various tooling to define roads, rivers etc

Here is a 2x2km patch

Please tell me this is coming in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
              [MENTION=1978]KoldKam[/MENTION] Thanks! I'd be glad to help. My steam id is: CoreDumped2082
              Hey! Thank you but no users were found when I searched for that ID on Steam?

EDIT: I found you on Skype though?
              Last edited by KoldKam; 05-22-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Looks great!
                By the way there is already a terrain generator project using marching cubes that might help:
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ghlight=azarus
                https://github.com/azarus/TerrainGenerator
                "Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
                RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                  This looks super cool and is very much needed in the unreal community.
                  Thanks [MENTION=260]HeadClot[/MENTION]

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by sivan View Post
                    Looks great!
                    By the way there is already a terrain generator project using marching cubes that might help:
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ghlight=azarus
                    https://github.com/azarus/TerrainGenerator
                    [MENTION=3020]sivan[/MENTION] Thanks for the links. I've implemented marching cube today. Here's a mesh representation of a sphere density function:

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                      Please tell me this is coming in the near future?
                      [MENTION=287455]jojo8026[/MENTION] It should be released in the near future

Discord Support

Comment

Voxel Landscapes

Landscape Architect will also support Voxel based landscapes. Here are some early results, based on the awesome GPU Gems article

These are 4 patches created with a random seed. You can create new patches anywhere on the map The meshes are continuous so tessellation should be possible

The generation is a bit slow and I'll be speeding it up with multi-threading (maybe GPGPU if possible within the editor)

Discord Support

Comment

This looks super cool!

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                            This looks super cool!
                            Thanks!

Another density model where the noise function is strategically stretched along the surface to give it a rock like look (notice the lines running along the surface to give it a cliff like look)

There are some artifacts showing up in some places (probably due to a noise interpolation bug)

Discord Support

Comment

Another procedural landscape:

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                              X