Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lemons Must Die, Steam Greenlight Campaign.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masterneme View Post
    Steamgifts is a place to trade and giveaway Steam games. I mentioned it because from time to time someone creates giveaways to promote games, Youtube or Twitch channels and I thought you did that too.

I've spoken with some developers there and they told me that promoting with giveaways is EXTREMELY effective. So I was curious because I'm sure I've seen your game featured somewhere and I wanted to know what helped you the most.

Giveaways is one way I have very high on the list and another one is being included in a Greenlight Bundle with Groupees.

Now that you're greenlit you could check that community out, many developers make massive giveaways to get reviews which is very important too.
    We advertised on Facebook for the first 3 days but turned it off, most people coming from there did not have Steam accounts so couldn't vote.

What worked was making personal requests to people we know, friends, family, co-workers as well as bringing it up when meeting new people and asking them first if they had a Steam account and then if so to Yes Vote it, making sure to tell them there is no obligation to buy to vote Yes. Many of those people then did the same and asked others to vote for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepurvis View Post
      We advertised on Facebook for the first 3 days but turned it off, most people coming from there did not have Steam accounts so couldn't vote.

What worked was making personal requests to people we know, friends, family, co-workers as well as bringing it up when meeting new people and asking them first if they had a Steam account and then if so to Yes Vote it, making sure to tell them there is no obligation to buy to vote Yes. Many of those people then did the same and asked others to vote for it.
      I see, thanks.
      ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
      Support Project Boon on Patreon

On Steam Soon, Click Below

Comment

Here is a video update to the game. One of the main things we've changed is up the camera over the shoulder from it being an isometric view before, with that we had to change the controls a lot.

Last edited by mikepurvis; 11-02-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Not too bad looking, but why lemons in a desert? What's the point? The shooting looks bad in the video when you are jumping and firing. I'd get annoyed quickly with this.
          I am not trying to be an ***, this looks better than 99% of the **** most people try to pass off on steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioki View Post
            Not too bad looking, but why lemons in a desert? What's the point? The shooting looks bad in the video when you are jumping and firing. I'd get annoyed quickly with this.
            I am not trying to be an ***, this looks better than 99% of the **** most people try to pass off on steam.
            There is a story that is given in cut-scenes that intermix in with the gameplay. So, there is a point as much as there is any point in any video game where you shoot strange creatures and jump on platforms as the main mechanics. But, we don't want to show any of that in the gameplay video's, as well that's the story and what you'll see as you play when we release.

Can you explain more about the jumping and firing together that you don't like? Would you prefer if you could not shoot while you were in a jump, or do you mean something else? What looks bad about it? Do you think the projectiles are too large?

We have very recently just met our Alpha goals, with all main systems in place. As we work towards Beta things will still change, including some of the art work.

Thanks,

Comment

I meant no offense lol it just seemed weird to mix a lemon in a desert, a grocery store or someones fridge or kitchen makes more sense.
              As for the jumping it looked like it was really difficult for the person playing in the video to line anything up, so to say it looked to me that it was hits based on luck more than anything, and for myself, as a gamer, that gets frustrating quickly is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioki View Post
                I meant no offense lol it just seemed weird to mix a lemon in a desert, a grocery store or someones fridge or kitchen makes more sense.
                As for the jumping it looked like it was really difficult for the person playing in the video to line anything up, so to say it looked to me that it was hits based on luck more than anything, and for myself, as a gamer, that gets frustrating quickly is all.
                No offense taken. I really wanted to know details about what you didn't like. That's helpful. There is a story, but that's secret for now. It is possible that you are just having a really rough weekend and it's all in your head.

For shooting the right mouse or left shoulder button brings you into a fps view with a reticle. There is an arc to shooting, so all shots at a distance need to be lobbed in. This feature wasn't shown in the video.

We are currently experimenting with different camera positions and the fov to make sure jumping on the platforms is frustration free.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepurvis View Post
                  No offense taken. I really wanted to know details about what you didn't like. That's helpful. There is a story, but that's secret for now. It is possible that you are just having a really rough life and it's all in your head.

For shooting the right mouse or left shoulder button brings you into a fps view with a reticle. There is an arc to shooting, so all shots at a distance need to be lobbed in. This feature wasn't shown in the video.

We are currently experimenting with different camera positions and the fov to make sure jumping on the platforms is frustration free.
                  Fixed that for you....

The lobbed projectile idea is pretty neat. What is the projectile BTW? a small rind grater?

Comment

You pickup piles of lemon seeds to fuel projectiles, but the actual pellet you shoot changes depending which power up your on. There are regular seeds then many other types. Some freeze the enemies into slow motion, some turn them into gold statues, some do extra damage etc.

Comment

October Gameplay video update. Currently we are looking at January 31st release date on Steam. We will maybe call it early Access, but that will just be because maybe all the localization and some of the extra's isn't complete at the time, but the full playable game itself is on track to be finished at that time.

Amazing how much longer it takes to complete a game then our original timeline planned for.

Last edited by mikepurvis; 11-02-2016, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X