Cashgen - (kinda) Infinite Procedural World Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder_Owl View Post

hello, i most likely do, at home (i am at work now). I will post here link to Gdrive when i uploaded it.
    EDIT: i have backup copy of that even here at work, "just in case" I love to save old working copies, hehe... Anyway, soon will be uploaded. But, i have to say, i have been running also some latest version of cash demo as well, so it can be done.
    EDIT2: here. link to 418 project zip (all required plugins are included in "Plugins" subfolder): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zp...yZxP1RZuTS4WF1
    WOW! you saved my life man! thank you so much for this, i am studying this plugin to come up with new ideas for my own terrain thing, but couldn't open the project. Again, thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabudum View Post

WOW! you saved my life man! thank you so much for this, i am studying this plugin to come up with new ideas for my own terrain thing, but couldn't open the project. Again, thanks so much.
      Very pleasant to hear that Please drop me some notes if you advance and make something modified, new, etc. Good luck!

Comment

I'm returning to this plugin and was wondering if it was much hazel to implement the terrain biome blending feature into the CGWorld part? Or is there a different way that I could use to blend 2-3 materials using the noise values?

Comment

[MENTION=5136]mid_gen[/MENTION]: I'm going to add a new generator that isn't noise based, but just takes a distance function and an array of splines. I plan on using it as a selector so I can specify connected playable areas where I can place things like buildings, while surrounding them with pretty scenery from the noise functions. Sound reasonable? It will be a bit slow compared to the noise functions.
          Does anybody know how to achieve this starting with the island demo ? I need some flat (or nearly flat) areas (around 100 m²) where I can put some buildings, and if I could connect them with roads it'd be awesome !

But after messing with modules, different settings, a lot of crash, adding selectors, etc... I cannot get a decent result...

So if someone could help me on that, (s)he'd be my God(dess) forever ! Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by micpro View Post

Does anybody know how to achieve this starting with the island demo ? I need some flat (or nearly flat) areas (around 100 m²) where I can put some buildings, and if I could connect them with roads it'd be awesome !

But after messing with modules, different settings, a lot of crash, adding selectors, etc... I cannot get a decent result...

So if someone could help me on that, (s)he'd be my God(dess) forever ! Thanks...
            Are you thinking of something like this?

Please ignore the wireframe dome there.
            Last edited by AinSophAur; 04-02-2019, 04:29 PM. Reason: EDIT: Added another image to show the results a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by AinSophAur View Post

Are you thinking of something like this?

Please ignore the wireframe dome there.
              Yeah kind of...

Comment

I did not use the island demo for that result tho. Just tweaking the tutorial video a bit and added a landscape to use as water. You would perhaps be better off using the water option in the plugin. However, it's probably not the solution you are looking for. Keep in mind that those images are also very zoomed out. If you look closely, you see a tiny platform in the middle of the dome, that's a 4x4m ish platform that the player are located. Just to give you a hint of how zoomed out it actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by AinSophAur View Post
                  I did not use the island demo for that result tho. Just tweaking the tutorial video a bit and added a landscape to use as water. You would perhaps be better off using the water option in the plugin. However, it's probably not the solution you are looking for. Keep in mind that those images are also very zoomed out. If you look closely, you see a tiny platform in the middle of the dome, that's a 4x4m ish platform that the player are located. Just to give you a hint of how zoomed out it actually is.
                  Ok thanks Will try that... But I'm thinkink of writing my own noise generator... Anyway thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by micpro View Post

You could use a constant node and a radial node to blend some flat areas into your terrain.

A more complex solution such as scattering buildings and stamping the heightmap is unfortunately too close to what I do I at work so I wouldn't be comfortable developing it on this plugin. Pull requests are welcome though..

Comment

First: Thx for the plugin

But i have a small problem with the demo:
                      After packaging and starting the Level CashDemo_Terrain i always fall through geometry when passing a tile boundary. I tried more/different LODs, but nothing helped so far.
                      Any clue how to fix this?

Comment

Nevermind, i found the problem.

If you don't use the MakeCGTerrainConfig node and use class defaults instead, TileReleaseDelay is 0 seconds in a packaged game. With no delay, the game wants to recreate ALL sectors on each boundary crossing and you are just stuck then.

Seems stuct properties inside struct properties don't get properly transferred to shipping?
                        Workaround for now: use the MakeCGTerrainConfig node and set it.

@EpicGames Please fix this, such things are really quite annoying and time consuming to find/debug.

Comment

So, I finally got round to updating the plugin. As I'm not actively developing it, the maintenance dealing with the RuntimeMeshComponent as a dependency had got too onerous, so I've ripped it out and just switched back to the built in ProceduralMeshComponent.

Plugin and demo project are now updated to 4.24.

I did rip out the CGWorld stuff as it was nothing more than a curiosity on my part, and needed a little more work to refactor. If anyone really really wants it, then I can merge it back in sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by mid_gen View Post
                            So, I finally got round to updating the plugin. As I'm not actively developing it, the maintenance dealing with the RuntimeMeshComponent as a dependency had got too onerous, so I've ripped it out and just switched back to the built in ProceduralMeshComponent.

Plugin and demo project are now updated to 4.24.

I did rip out the CGWorld stuff as it was nothing more than a curiosity on my part, and needed a little more work to refactor. If anyone really really wants it, then I can merge it back in sometime.
                            That's cool news! 8) Thank You for all your work!

Comment

Working...
                            X