No announcement yet.

Lunacy: Saint Rhodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That "fog" or "smoke" effect inside a house like that do not feel right, but the overall is awesome!
    Email: tessaro.unrealdeveloper@hotmail.com
    BP/C++ Programmer.
    WIP Portfolio: https://filipetessaro.wixsite.com/portfolio
    UE Marketplace: https://unrealengine.com/marketplace...ions-rts-style

Comment

Wow, very impressive work for one person! I also recently started a game by myself, so stuff like this is inspiring. I have a question, though, one which I've been stuck on for a while regarding lights: what's your approach for the lights you're using? Basically, I've been debating on using 3d props with point lights/spot lights under or near. I've also tried making the "surface" of the light props themselves emissive, and have also tried inserting static or point lights inside the light objects themselves and making the light prop a subsurface, which left terrible lighting results. Any input on that?

Nonetheless, I'm very intrigued by your work and will be following your journey. Great detail!

Comment

Originally posted by mws87 View Post
        Wow, very impressive work for one person! I also recently started a game by myself, so stuff like this is inspiring. I have a question, though, one which I've been stuck on for a while regarding lights: what's your approach for the lights you're using? Basically, I've been debating on using 3d props with point lights/spot lights under or near. I've also tried making the "surface" of the light props themselves emissive, and have also tried inserting static or point lights inside the light objects themselves and making the light prop a subsurface, which left terrible lighting results. Any input on that?

Nonetheless, I'm very intrigued by your work and will be following your journey. Great detail!
        Thanks you very much for the support

If i got your question about the lights right - First i used point lights attached to static mesh(first pictures in this topic), but for some reason i was losing so much fps when i enabled the shadows and it didn't look very good, in the past few days i started using Spot lights (Recent pictures), one light above with shadows enabled and one under it (for the ceiling) with shadows disabled and then i put static mesh with emissive material, i don't know if that's the right way to do it but it works for me now..
        If this wasn't the answer you were looking for or you need something more, feel free to ask!!
        Cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abb4don View Post
          Thanks you very much for the support

If i got your question about the lights right - First i used point lights attached to static mesh(first pictures in this topic), but for some reason i was losing so much fps when i enabled the shadows and it didn't look very good, in the past few days i started using Spot lights (Recent pictures), one light above with shadows enabled and one under it (for the ceiling) with shadows disabled and then i put static mesh with emissive material, i don't know if that's the right way to do it but it works for me now..
          If this wasn't the answer you were looking for or you need something more, feel free to ask!!
          Cheers!!
          Yep! That was exactly what I was asking. Sorry, when I'm eager to ask a question it gets sort-of jumbled up, haha. Thanks for the explanation. I'll give it a shot (don't know why I didn't think about that sooner!)

How long have you been in game development btw? If you don't mind my asking.

Comment

Originally posted by mws87 View Post
            Yep! That was exactly what I was asking. Sorry, when I'm eager to ask a question it gets sort-of jumbled up, haha. Thanks for the explanation. I'll give it a shot (don't know why I didn't think about that sooner!)

How long have you been in game development btw? If you don't mind my asking.
            No problem, i'm glad to help when i can.

I actually started not long ago, in january this year i think, first i started with some minor projects to learn UE and after that i started with "Lunacy"
            I'm not that experienced..

Comment

Hey looks good but your house looks too clean unless that is the look you are going for. But I'm gonna recommend this free dust asset that adds dust to your scene try it out to see if you like it. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...highlight=dust

I
              Checkout Project "TwinBlaster" my current game in progress.
              [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!
              Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by SkeetonYu View Post
                Hey looks good but your house looks too clean unless that is the look you are going for. But I'm gonna recommend this free dust asset that adds dust to your scene try it out to see if you like it. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...highlight=dust

I
                Hey man, thanks
                I actually tried that about a month ago but somehow i didn't get it to look like something i wanted, so for now it's a little cleaner because of the story i have in mind.

Comment

Hello guys,

I'm finally able to show you how my house level from Lunacy looks like with a little gameplay,
                  hope you like it..

Cheers!

Comment

Hi guys

i would like to read your feedback on this and i hope you like it. It's still not much but i hope i'm going somewhere.

Cheers!

Comment

Hey guys,
                      I finally added inspect object
                      Zoom only available while inspecting..

Updated screenshot

Attached Files

Comment

Playable Demo in 15-20 days

- Two more rooms available

- Model and animations updated

- Random power cuts

- Voices

- Darker house when the power is out(soon)

"The night is dark and full of terrors"

Comment

Hey guys, a long time since I shared something, I made a little pause after an alpha demo which was tested by some youtubers..
                          Graphics and house is still being improved.

Comment

-Teaser is coming soon!-

Story
                            • Huge backstory
                            • Unique urban legends
                            • Different choices

House
                            • 70% of the house has been changed
                            • Hidden rooms
                            • Secrets

Gameplay
                            • Many interactable objects

LunaSouls (Team of 2)
                            • Developer
                            • Assistant

Comment

Excelent work so far!!
                              Keep us informed

Comment

Originally posted by FHC_Disco View Post
                                Excelent work so far!!
                                Keep us informed
                                Thanks, much appreciated.

Developing is still a bit slow but, hopefully, good. More updates and teaser coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X