„Age of Total Heroes” - Custom RTS System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another short video showing ballistic aiming:

Groups and units do weapon range and ballistic aiming calculation to check whether their targets can be hit or not. If more than 80% of the units of a group can hit the target, they stop approaching and start to throw their javelin (or shoot arrows).

"Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
    RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

To use a Excel generated csv for formation is really simple but very clever. And yes i have seen this vid last week on your YT channel, and must say this is better implementation as Company of Heroes has, there soldier's shoot in building corners. lol

Did you know this Plugin?
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...lugin%E2%84%A2

Are your phatfinding system adaptable to use this plugin out of the box with its terrain destructible features? This would be so heavy, The Ultimate RTS Kit.

An extreme test with your custom characters and Mannequin skeleton and a eventually comparision with UE4 standard pathfinding is what i will see and how its scaled.

Meshabyte @ CGTrader

Comment

Yes I know this plugin, and have ever wanted to implement the support of it, but usually had more important features to complete first.... My pathfinder supports no caves, only a heighmap like terrain (made of landscape and static meshes), thus I talked with its creator, he promised me once he is going to make a more simple deformable heightmap terrain plugin too... Only question of time and money Anyway, if the voxel terrain collision channel is set to my custom terrain channel it must work, what I need to implement is runtime area update (measuring and storing terrain surface height and slope data), which is not a huge problem.
        RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

sivan have send you an pm.
          Meshabyte @ CGTrader

Comment

Hi sivan it me I messaged you about two week ago and I wanted to know if I could maybe have email to chat to or if you have private way of talking?

Comment

Hello Sivan: I am an artist that I do modeling buildings, I would like to join this project.
              For some time you have not seen an update of this magnificent project, is it still active?
              I also saw your other project "edge of chaos"

Comment

Sivan, Did you ever release this template to the market place? Looking to build a TD game with many units and thought maybe parts of your template would be a good choice to use.

Comment

Hi,
                  thanks for the interest, at the moment I'm focusing on "Edge of Chaos", hopefully we can start a Kickstarter campaign in Oct-Nov.
                  So the plugin development is really active, of course I'm dealing with other tasks in EOC too, which makes things slower, but also resulting in new unplanned features. So after the campaign I would see how to continue.
                  Btw EOC team requires artists, we need modular buildings, characters and animations mainly, please PM me and include some links of your works if possible

Soon I will present short videos of the basic fight system (ranged and melee, infantry, cavalry), atm I'm designing and testing the new behaviour system.
                  RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

A short video of a cavalry charge and melee fight in Edge of Chaos:

RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

Looks great! I'm sure it's already planned but perhaps tracking the cavalry units' velocity and adding some 'pushback' would be nice to really give the charge more force.

Comment

yeah exactly, some fake physics simulation should be implemented. luckily, meanwhile I reworked the movement system, including avoidance and collision resolution, so in theory now possible to apply a large initial impact force (a push vector, used currently for smooth crowd movement) that will be smoothed over a few frames to get a believable end result but requires tests and tweaks and tests and tweaks...
                        RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

Working...
                        X