No announcement yet.

Environment - WIP Forever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy moley, what a thread. Found this via instagram I think... dud Unreal share your work?

Anyway, big fan, and my only questions is how did you figure out how to use Speedtree? The tutorials online seem out of date/use assets I don't have and can;t get, I've tried using existing assets (specifically PNG/TIFFs for leaves etc) but I'm having a hell of a time figuring it out. Any tips/links/whatever appreciated!

Comment

Its almost hard to believe this is realtime , lighting and vegetation looks so good. Most of the screens have basically 0 items on screen that are giving away of not being actual photo.

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
        Somehow, things like this are always the most fun part with some nice weather outside on a weekend. Although overcast weather works best.
        Better than staring at a screen all the time.

Comment

Thank you, guys

Here is another update on that grass. I've worked a lot on the materials with instances to add some flexibility and control over color, length, clover, leaf and dead grass layers. My goal is to make it more mesh-independent. It's still a WIP.

Probably the finest cg grass I ever saw!
          SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
          Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

FML. Why do I even try...

Comment

I use it sometimes when they update it to see how the tech development is going. I don't think it's good enough yet. You can get some nice visuals with a lot of tweaks but then the performance will be terrible even on a 980ti.
              Okay. Thanks for the info. I will probably be sticking to 4.11.2 then. U are using the foliage brush for the grass or procedural?

The new grass looks so much better.

Comment

Really great job in capturing the mood. Looking at these screenshots, it puts me in a place of day dreaming ( which is a good thing for me ). The realisim in your work is well executed!

P.S Are these assets brought or did you make them your own?

Comment

Originally posted by melvixo View Post
                  Okay. Thanks for the info. I will probably be sticking to 4.11.2 then. U are using the foliage brush for the grass or procedural?

The new grass looks so much better.
                  Procedural for the distant trees in the horizon, landscape grass type for the tall grass and foliage brush for the short grass near the house and big trees near the camera.

Originally posted by OxfordReginald View Post
                  Really great job in capturing the mood. Looking at these screenshots, it puts me in a place of day dreaming ( which is a good thing for me ). The realisim in your work is well executed!

P.S Are these assets brought or did you make them your own?
                  I've made them with SpeedTree and 3DS Max.
                  Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
                  Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Thank you all guys, I'm glad you like my work

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                    (...) Would you be willing to share the grass material?
                    I'm actually planning to turn that material into an asset for the marketplace. I just need to make it more predictable and user friendly.

Originally posted by eliotbnz View Post
                    (...) how did you figure out how to use Speedtree? The tutorials online seem out of date/use assets I don't have and can;t get, I've tried using existing assets (specifically PNG/TIFFs for leaves etc) but I'm having a hell of a time figuring it out. Any tips/links/whatever appreciated!
                    Yeah there is indeed a lack of advanced Speedtree tutorials over there... I've learned what I know (which is not much, believe me) by tweaking their original assets to see how the parameters work. After some practice I started to create my own assets from scratch. The documentation also helps a lot to understand what a parameter does and how it really works, you can easily access it via the '?' mark near each parameter.

Comment

Update with brand new tree species: Tabebuia (yellow and purple)
                      I'm working on a short video too.

Comment

Some updates to improve overall realism. I've changed the PP approach with no custom LUT and tweaked foliage again...

Comment

Stunning work, holds up noticeably well even on close-up shots. How long would you say you devote daily to producing work of this quality?

This shot in particular really blew my pants off. http://i.imgur.com/RfxL1B5.jpg
                          Work Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by CupMcCakers View Post
                            Stunning work, holds up noticeably well even on close-up shots. How long would you say you devote daily to producing work of this quality?
                            Thanks, man
                            Well, that project is a sandbox where I keep coming back and spending some of my free time to redo stuff, try new approaches, new techniques, test new features, etc. I'm not sure how many hours... Maybe 3 or 4 per week for the last 6 months or something like that... If I need to do something like that from scratch right now, I think it would take me something like 40 hours.

Comment

I've created a short video to learn how to use Sequencer tool for basic stuff:

Comment

Wonderful work, gg, i'll keep an eye on your work and thanks for some tips you talk about..
                                Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Working...
                                X