No announcement yet.

Environment - WIP Forever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful work, mate. Can I ask how long it took to bake the GI with lightmass?

Comment

Originally posted by Hadrian View Post
      Loving the simplicity and realism of the environment. Thought about lighting the scene for night time?
      Thanks! Yes, night time is on my list

Originally posted by melvixo View Post
      Beautiful work, mate. Can I ask how long it took to bake the GI with lightmass?
      Thanks, man. One hour on Production setting with quality 5. It's actually pretty fast because all the vegetation is dyncamic. The only tree with static light is that one inside the abandoned place near the wall because I needed contact shadows there to add it some depth.
      Guilherme Rabello Co-founder, Sureale
      Artstation | Behance | Youtube | Instagram

Comment

Is this actually usable for a game? I mean it looks really really great and almost photorealistic. Very nice work. But would it run on good fps? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Fortuna View Post
          Is this actually usable for a game? I mean it looks really really great and almost photorealistic. Very nice work. But would it run on good fps? :P
          Well, I get 50~70fps at 1080p on a gtx 980ti so it's definitely not a lightweight scene... I didn't worry too much about optimization because I just need it to run at 30fps minimum on my system only, so there is room for optimization if I need it... I think it would be pretty possible to achieve something like that for an actual game nowadays, but it would be like the "ultra" settings, requiring a high end PC to run it properly.

Comment

Hi!

Pretty awesome work!
            The lawn grass is looking great, some clovers spots and you get it perfect
            In the last one, the sky resolution is letting you down a little. Did you experiment with the UE sky?

I have a technical question, in roughly how many parts did you cut the house? Did you use the "few parts, high def lightmaps" approach or the "plenty of parts, lowdef maps" one?

regards,
            Raph

Comment

Looks very beautiful
              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

This is looking so good man! I am struggling with lighting on foliage and foliage in particular, learning as I go. This is definitly inspiring me to push myself and get better results. Keep it up man I love the realism of this scene and everything you are doing with it.

Looking forwards for more updates!
                Timothy Dries
                Environment Artist

Comment

Thank you, guys!

Originally posted by thxraph View Post
                  Hi!

Pretty awesome work!
                  The lawn grass is looking great, some clovers spots and you get it perfect
                  In the last one, the sky resolution is letting you down a little. Did you experiment with the UE sky?

I have a technical question, in roughly how many parts did you cut the house? Did you use the "few parts, high def lightmaps" approach or the "plenty of parts, lowdef maps" one?

regards,
                  Raph
                  I use the "plenty of parts + high def lightmaps"
                  I didn't worry too much about the lightmaps for that house. It's easy to get good results in external archviz. The challenge is to get a nice result with external + internal in the same level. But I haven't work with that too much yet.

Comment

Awesome work as always man
                    ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

Beautiful work! Lot's of love for it on Instagram too

Comment

Originally posted by EoinOBroin View Post
                        Awesome work as always man
                        Originally posted by Jess.Hider View Post
                        Beautiful work! Lot's of love for it on Instagram too
                        Thank you, guys

Here is another update on that grass. I've worked a lot on the materials with instances to add some flexibility and control over color, length, clover, leaf and dead grass layers. My goal is to make it more mesh-independent. It's still a WIP.

Comment

Originally posted by rabellogp View Post
                          Thanks, man. One hour on Production setting with quality 5. It's actually pretty fast because all the vegetation is dyncamic. The only tree with static light is that one inside the abandoned place near the wall because I needed contact shadows there to add it some depth.
                          That grass looks realistic. Can't believe they are using dynamic lighting.
                          Okay, Thanks for the info
                          I have seen some of your previous works using VXGI. Do you still use it?Are there some limitations to it's use currently? I am thinking of trying it out for archviz but since I have a gtx 780M, they might be issues. Do you prefer lightmass to vxgi? Would be cool to know your opinnion on this.

Comment

Originally posted by melvixo View Post
                            That grass looks realistic. Can't believe they are using dynamic lighting.
                            Okay, Thanks for the info
                            I have seen some of your previous works using VXGI. Do you still use it?Are there some limitations to it's use currently? I am thinking of trying it out for archviz but since I have a gtx 780M, they might be issues. Do you prefer lightmass to vxgi? Would be cool to know your opinnion on this.
                            I use it sometimes when they update it to see how the tech development is going. I don't think it's good enough yet. You can get some nice visuals with a lot of tweaks but then the performance will be terrible even on a 980ti.

Comment

I've been working on new tall grass. I made the last one with reworked textures from old Vray assets I had here. Now I'm doing everything from scratch, even the textures.

Comment

Hey,

Awesome work, that grass looks amazing. Would you be willing to share the grass material?
                                [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

Working...
                                X