Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone!

Originally posted by Frenetic Pony View Post
    Neat! Though is the snow melting material just based on the normal pointing away from the sun rather than actually being shadowed?
    Right now it is based on the vertex normal and the sun direction. But as soon as I start to implement the Distance Field stuff from the prototype and do a few interations on that, it should look like the shadows of objects have an effect as well.
    Unfortunately it is not possible to access the shadows in the material to do calculations with it right now. I hope they will be available of some sort in the future though!

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Looks very realistic, could use this in my current project ... as long it is affordable for a strained indie budget, cheers.
    I don't know yet how and for how much I will distribute the snow material. If I will distribute the snow material on it's own at all.
    I will keep you posted!

Originally posted by Uprentiss View Post
    What kind of time frame are you looking at for this??
    Initially I thought I could finish the entire plugin by the end of summer. But it turns out that this will never happen because I want to do everything the way I imagine it. Which requires me to learn C++ .
    But with a big MAYBE I will release the prototype I did for free and put some parts that I finish along the way on gumroad (e.g. the snow material).

Originally posted by janpec View Post
    Are those trees from Epics nature package? They look very good. As usual your videos look very cool aswel. One thing that would be cool is if you could add storms in your weather system that would affect world wind actor and increase wind which would make plants to swing more. Little touch but would add a lot ambience to scene.
    The trees are part of the Open World Demo Collection.
    I will absolutely include calculations for the wind. But the Wind Directional Source can not be modified with Blueprints right now. But I will find a way because a weather system without storm is not complete. And I want mine to be as complete as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Notminor View Post
      Thank you everyone!

Right now it is based on the vertex normal and the sun direction. But as soon as I start to implement the Distance Field stuff from the prototype and do a few interations on that, it should look like the shadows of objects have an effect as well.
      Unfortunately it is not possible to access the shadows in the material to do calculations with it right now. I hope they will be available of some sort in the future though!
      I suppose you could do it for pre-calculated lightmap shadows, but for dynamic shadows... hmm, it would work if there's already a GI shadow map set up for calculating sun light visibility offscreen, but if you tried to do it with the final onscreen shadow maps you'd only ever get the effect on anything onscreen (and/or whatever else the shadow frustum might accidentally cover). But using distance fields might be promising. Really cool effect btw!

Comment

Update:
        While working on the Distance Field stuff I noticed some major issues with the performance and the structure of the main material.

So I'm working right now on cleaning this and optimizing performance:

Comment

Any Eta on a possible release date??

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
            Any Eta on a possible release date??
            Not right now, sorry! But I am going to release it at some point for sure!

Comment

Looking forward to see this developement. Will you add more like thunder, rain, windstorms++ ?
              If it wont be in the $70/90 range, ill get it
              [B]System[/B]
              ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

[URL="https://www.artstation.com/artist/aasmundschei"]ArtStation[/URL]
              [URL="https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?128335-A-few-scenes-Ive-done"]Artwork thread[/URL]

Comment

I don't know what to say, but if it helps, I did a little fart when I watched the first video...

gl

Comment

Looking quite amazing, great job!

Would love to see streams start to form from the melted snow

Comment

Originally posted by Frequia View Post
                    Looking forward to see this developement. Will you add more like thunder, rain, windstorms++ ?
                    If it wont be in the $70/90 range, ill get it
                    I will add things like rain, snow, clouds and maybe some lightning for sure. But when the system is finished you will be able to implement every kind of effect you need in addition to that on your own.

Originally posted by DP Studio View Post
                    I don't know what to say, but if it helps, I did a little fart when I watched the first video...

gl
                    glad you didn't fart when watching the last video

Originally posted by ZoltanJr View Post

I have actually thought about the same thing but I am still working right now on the performance and extendability/usability right now and therefore the these things have a much lower priority.

Comment

Looks very convincing! Something I would use in my CGI work. Hope it wont be too expensive.
                      [B]System[/B]
                      ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

[URL="https://www.artstation.com/artist/aasmundschei"]ArtStation[/URL]
                      [URL="https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?128335-A-few-scenes-Ive-done"]Artwork thread[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by ZoltanJr View Post

Diddo. Streams forming from melted snow would be AMAZING. However it is very understandable that this would be set at a low priority.

Comment

I need some good looking rain. Did you ever release anything with that?

Comment

Is this still in development?

Comment

How fkin awesome is that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Notminor View Post
                                Update:
                                Been working on the look of the snow when melting.
                                The snow melts slower in shadows and where vertex paint is applied.

Sequencer making it really easy to do these videos now!

Answers:

Thank you! I use tesselation. No POM right now. I want to use it for footprints though. But 4.11 has a bug where it freezes the pc when you try to use POM in a decal material.

The plugin will be an advanced version of the prototype seen here.
                                In short: A weather system that focusses on the transitions between different weather states. These weather states and the way they transition will be 100% controllable by the user.
                                In the future there might be an AI that takes over the control or just parts of it.

I hope to make it very easy to use and integrate into existing projects. And in the end it should be usable with any kind of art style although I will focus on realism.
                                Is this still being worked on?

Comment

Working...
                                X