RASL - Upgrading the real time light by Hevedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Update on this one, I'm porting this system to the postprocess (4.21+) rather than use it directly on materials, now won't mix with the materials so will result on probably less realistic result but less costly in general that will allow me to add more lights, aswell now is automated and won't need to setup materials individually.

Aswell now can simulate light propagation rather than turn all at same level, as you can notice on the photo based on world normals (It won't get occluded on the other side as a normal light)

It will come with a manager to world load/unload more news soon...

Click image for larger version  Name:	UE4Editor_20190617_150650.png Views:	1 Size:	459.1 KB ID:	1632175

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
    When is this coming out?
    Sadly decided not release it (or atleast for now, as I'm using it for my games, and make the games take me all the time plus made the image tools app over that months.) There is another fact since Epic released the forward shading the core change of the engine dont work with it and on defered give some problems. If I release it in the future will ping to.

Thanks you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When is this coming out?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just uploaded the Unreal Engine 4.11 changes to allow 100% no shadowed lights, you can use the amount of lights you want until reach the UE4 cap or reach your computer limit.

This new lights should cost less than the normal ones and can be used in Point Light, Directional light and Spot light.

Try to combine 2 Directional Lights one with shadows and other without shadows to get a simulated light results.

Last edited by Hevedy; 04-12-2016, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cruz.guinho View Post
    Muy interesante, buen trabajo...
    Muchas gracias ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Muy interesante, buen trabajo...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing Hevedy, I will definitely try this for my VR game and share the results.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ah. fantastic concept then. Great idea and good work. look forward to seeing it out in the open.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mserena View Post
    Yep you were right, working correctly now, on 4.11.0, but i'm only getting one light actor at a time. what else am i missing?
    Correct you can have max one Box light and One Sphere light at time, as this post say is a free sample presentation of the RASL system (This is a demo post of how the base system works, the complete solution is not here and is paid.), the complete system will come to the Marketplace allow to manage the light you want with 16 render at time.

*Note you can use the engine code and do the same effect with the normal lights, and you can place until the max supported by the engine. (The engine code will be added this week)

This post is more a demo to developers of how I managed the light system, you can upgrade or buy my package later.
    Last edited by Hevedy; 04-12-2016, 03:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
    The BP are made for the 4.11.1, said this make sure you place the 2 folders in the Content Folder, need to be in the root of the Content Folder or will return problems.
    *Your problem sound like the Struct in the Core folder is not there.
    Yep you were right, working correctly now, on 4.11.0, but i'm only getting one light actor at a time. what else am i missing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
    The BP are made for the 4.11.1, said this make sure you place the 2 folders in the Content Folder, need to be in the root of the Content Folder or will return problems.
    Thank you Hevedy, I'll update and give it a burl. Cheers mate

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mserena View Post
    Hey Hevedy, trying it out, but was getting a compile error for the RASL_LightActor and a whole bunch of stuff not connected.
    Is that the correct link? I'm using 4.11, attempted to make the blueprint again, but something isn't linked

when i load the RASL_LightActor BP it throws a message, saying I have invalid type, Light color.
    This breaks the link to the struct inside the calculate Parameters.
    Error Default value 'NewEnumerator2' for Index is invalid: 'Expected a valid unsigned number for a byte property'
    Material function was unlinked too, but that was easy to fix.

Is it just me? Does anyone else have any issues?

Thanks for the good work, keen to test it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking forward to trying in a few weeks once I check off a few more tutorial learnings.
    The results looks great and make sense artistically.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Hevedy, trying it out, but was getting a compile error for the RASL_LightActor and a whole bunch of stuff not connected.
    Is that the correct link? I'm using 4.11, attempted to make the blueprint again, but something isn't linked

when i load the RASL_LightActor BP it throws a message, saying I have invalid type, Light color.
    This breaks the link to the struct inside the calculate Parameters.
    Error Default value 'NewEnumerator2' for Index is invalid: 'Expected a valid unsigned number for a byte property'
    Material function was unlinked too, but that was easy to fix.

Is it just me? Does anyone else have any issues?

Thanks for the good work, keen to test it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
    Amazing. Great work Hevedy!
    You here! Thanks you ^^

Leave a comment:

Working...
X