Augmented Reality Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Adam,
    I looking for the ways to disable hands in front of the body, some of my costumes has its own gloves and I want to keep them, currently it's working fine, but hands still visible, which part can disable it temporary? I going to make a switch between Hands+Costume and NoHands+Costume options

Comment

Check out the purple and yellow areas of the attached image. On the right side you can see the hands part of the avatar.
      You can create an occlusion map for the specific clothes where the hands areas are black, so the avatar's hand won't be visible.

Originally posted by SAMBUEV View Post
      Hello Adam,
      I looking for the ways to disable hands in front of the body, some of my costumes has its own gloves and I want to keep them, currently it's working fine, but hands still visible, which part can disable it temporary? I going to make a switch between Hands+Costume and NoHands+Costume options
      Attached Files
      AR plugin for UE4
      AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
      Red Alert 2 VR remake
      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Thank you Adam, I see what you mean, I'm very good with UV, but what I've done now:
        1. Created a costume for Full-Body, no need for the hands
        2. Created black.png to hide entire body and placed it for the costume, this is what you have mentioned technically, but hands still visible.
        3. I decided to remove AvatarUser, clicking: Hide in Game - but hands are still visible.

what else to change to remove hands? I don't see any other options, why they are visible?
        Thank you.

Comment

In ARVirtualMirror blueprint there is a static mesh component named Foreground. If you set it hidden in game it won't draw any avatar overlay.

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post

Hi David,

I am expecting to release the updated version for UE 4.13 . I hope issues will be resolved in the new version.
          AR plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi Adam,

Great plugin!

But I buy the plugin and cant make my clothing to work.

I think is because mixamo not haing the fbx unreal option anymore.

I see that you reply the following:

- Export the avatar file bundled with the plugin to 3D Studio max
            - Open the exported avatar in 3D Studio max and import the clothing
            - Copy bone weights using skin wrap modifier from the avatar to the cloth
            - Export the cloth only into fbx
            - Import in UE4 using the skeleton of the avatar file.

But I'm not an 3D artist, I'm a programmer, so can you help me with this? Because I buy the plugin because in the videos on the plugin page was so easy and I will not need a 3D artist...

Just a step by step on what I need to do now that Mixamo dont have support for Unreal fbx, how can I download the default fbx of mixammo and work on that on any 3D program but step by step please.

Thanks on advance

Comment

Originally posted by THretroGames View Post
              Hi Adam,

Great plugin!

But I buy the plugin and cant make my clothing to work.

I think is because mixamo not haing the fbx unreal option anymore.

I see that you reply the following:

- Export the avatar file bundled with the plugin to 3D Studio max
              - Open the exported avatar in 3D Studio max and import the clothing
              - Copy bone weights using skin wrap modifier from the avatar to the cloth
              - Export the cloth only into fbx
              - Import in UE4 using the skeleton of the avatar file.

But I'm not an 3D artist, I'm a programmer, so can you help me with this? Because I buy the plugin because in the videos on the plugin page was so easy and I will not need a 3D artist...

Just a step by step on what I need to do now that Mixamo dont have support for Unreal fbx, how can I download the default fbx of mixammo and work on that on any 3D program but step by step please.

Thanks on advance
              I can probably help you, but this is user advice and might be wrong. I also have the plugin. What I did I have exported MaleFit.fbx from the project and used it as a reference. Mixamo won't work, because you will have to have the same bones names and structure, I would recommend you to use template (MaleFit) and rig if there. Once rig is done, you can import to the project, only use MaleFit template basically what I'm saying.

Comment

Hell Adam, can you please help,
                I have made a Toggle-button (Check Box UI) and added it to the MainUI widget, when I click with mouse everything is works, but when I trying to click with Gesture Hand it doesn't react on my hands. Is there anything extra that need to be written to make it work? Some extra permission for the hands? I re-did it few times, but still doesn't work, I was making it away from the MainUI as a separate widget but result is the same.

Comment

Hi,

Only widgets inherited from the ButtonBase class are reacting to gestures. Checkout the ProductButton, and ActionButton classes.
                  I would go with a new action button like the snapshot or the gender change button on the top.

Hell Adam, can you please help,
                  I have made a Toggle-button (Check Box UI) and added it to the MainUI widget, when I click with mouse everything is works, but when I trying to click with Gesture Hand it doesn't react on my hands. Is there anything extra that need to be written to make it work? Some extra permission for the hands? I re-did it few times, but still doesn't work, I was making it away from the MainUI as a separate widget but result is the same.
                  AR plugin for UE4
                  Red Alert 2 VR remake
                  Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

I can probably help you, but this is user advice and might be wrong. I also have the plugin. What I did I have exported MaleFit.fbx from the project and used it as a reference. Mixamo won't work, because you will have to have the same bones names and structure, I would recommend you to use template (MaleFit) and rig if there. Once rig is done, you can import to the project, only use MaleFit template basically what I'm saying.
                    Thanks SAMBUEV for the help.

The problem is that I am not a 3D artist, I am a programmer, and what I like in the project and made me buy the plugin was that on the tutorial you dont have to do rig or other advance topic on a 3D tool...

So, I did try to do that and did try what Adam said too, but didnt work or I didnt doit right.

I will ask the same thing that I ask for him, and I hope you cold help-me

Can you send a link of a tutorial video on how can I do that on Blender? Dont need to be specific fo this plugin, but some tutorial that show how to do that process that you suggest.

Thanks you so much and I holp you can help me

Comment

• Hello Adam,
                      I saw there are something about "cart" in MainUI BluePrint, but the cart can't work.
                      Is it because "cart" is not supported yet?
                      Thank you!

Comment

• Hello,

There is no cart functionality in the current project.

Originally posted by 22881916 View Post
                        Hello Adam,
                        I saw there are something about "cart" in MainUI BluePrint, but the cart can't work.
                        Is it because "cart" is not supported yet?
                        Thank you!
                        AR plugin for UE4
                        Red Alert 2 VR remake
                        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

• How to fix problematic hands? Every version of the plugin shows me glitchy hands look for some reason.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• It won't be much better from that close distance. It's an experimental feature, and not perfect. The plugin is supposed to work the best if your full body is visible on the image, and your hands are not overlapping your body.

How to fix problematic hands? Every version of the plugin shows me glitchy hands look for some reason.
                            Last edited by AdamHorvath; 12-14-2017, 05:37 AM.
                            AR plugin for UE4
                            Red Alert 2 VR remake
                            Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

• Hi Adam,

Thank you for your last answer. Another question, is there a way to untrack hands? Because of the fingers tracking, my avatar hands are flicking a lot. (Same for the foots).

Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
                              X