Arcus - Archery Tower Defense for Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I love the animation and mechanics, great style for mobile!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool !!! i'm like the concept and gameplay !!!

Keep up the greatworks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Spent a little under a month re-doing the sword combat system: The previous version had a very broken foundation and made it very hard to introduce design changes. I ended up doing the enemy blueprint over again from scratch, and modifying the player blueprint slightly, as well as doing the transition animations, which are some of the more complicated animations I've done in recent memory!

I also made sure the Ally AI follows the player around and reacts properly during the sword combat, take a look below!

Last edited by StevenWaltherMedia; 11-25-2017, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Finished a new character!

This witch owned a house in a secluded swamp, and is one of the areas the player has to protect. Completing this level gleans new insight on the skeleton enemies, ultimately allowing the protagonist to zero in on the source of their location for the end game.

Because the Sketchfab embed function appears to be broken, here's a gif and a link to the page: https://sketchfab.com/models/4e82342...deb6f2072d888a

Till next time!
    Last edited by StevenWaltherMedia; 10-01-2017, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After a couple of tough engine problems, the newest alpha is available for download!

v.26 is the biggest update yet, including actual game progression, more alternate outfits, unlocks via the new mailbox system, and more!

Unfortunately, I can't really record videos exciting going over game progression or the mailbox, so have some new screenshots I made for the google play page.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did a complete overhaul of the AI and Wave system workflow, which has sped up level creation quite a bit!

Also, a new arrow type has been added in: Wall arrows. A chemical reaction causes a liquid mixture to harden and expand at a rapid rate, creating an impassible wall. Fire these off at choke points to block off enemies.

Check it all out below!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Today I worked on making 'wind wisps', something I wanted for a very long time:

They might be difficult to see due to compression

I was considering using particle ribbons to make this effect, but I also wanted the whisps to do 'loops'. What I settled on was spawning particle meshes that were unwrapped in a way where I could pan a simple radial gradient across them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot2.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1129990 Click image for larger version

Name:	shot.png
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1129991

Here is another video showing how they work:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New release is live!

Version .24 has an almost completed ballroom level, and the first push of a playable 'main menu' level: Check it out!

Name:	19238254_654119551455721_9176558122694691435_o.jpg
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1129992

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, this is very good project.
    who you make archer system?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New art

Hey everyone!

So, as this game has progressed and evolved, the initial promo art I made is now outdated. I decided to take a week and make new promo art to reflect the game currently. Today I have two pieces of art (one horizontal and one vertical, because you don't know what aspect ratio you need until it is too late), which focus on simply setting the mood:

Next up is the app icon!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow this has progressed a lot since the last time I saw it, even adding a melee sequence! It's too bad I don't have an android phone to test it on.. Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everyone! The most recent update, v.21, introduces a lot of new things!

I have been working on a lot of back end stuff which don't make good screenshots, so I haven't been posting much here. That being said, it is good to keep a tab on what I am doing. That why this blog exists, after all!

On top of that, I have completed work on a new outfit, so there will be screenshots after all!

This is the 'Armored Elle' outfit, which will be worn for the final level, and given as a reward for beating the game. This is also the only outfit option where the armor options are worn on both shoulders.

Name:	mbti2.png
Size:	588.9 KB
ID:	1126548

This is a more recent screenshot, showing the work that I put into the inventory system. Now items can be unlocked, and there is more information that shows which item you currently have equipped, how many you currently have, and how many there is to get in the game.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by raventhebird View Post
    would like to see it in IOS, i can't play it
    Unfortunately, I would need an apple computer to transfer the project over and make an IOS build. And since the project will be a copy, any changes I make will also need to be ported over and replicated before making an update. So I plan on waiting until the game is completed before I start that arduous process.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    would like to see it in IOS, i can't play it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X