Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arcus - Archery Tower Defense for Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Came in here expecting some top down tower defense, was pleasantly surprised that it looks like a cool third person action tower defense
    I also like the simple art style!

    Comment


      #32
      Nice work, it looks fun! I really like the art style on your game !

      Comment


        #33
        Hello everyone!

        After a long month of crunch time full of late nights, lost data, dynamic music integration, and boatloads of polish, we finally have the introduction + tutorial in a presentable state!

        Check it out below:


        I apologize for the low quality. I'll upload a cleaner version as soon as I can.

        The introduction and Tutorial are arguably the most important part of your game, so I made sure that the intro to Arcus did it's best to leave a good first impression.

        Also, I got the build working on my new Samsung Galaxy S7 and the intro looks great on it! Very crisp and smooth:

        Last edited by StevenWaltherMedia; 09-17-2016, 07:03 PM.
        Check out our game Arcus!

        Comment


          #34
          Our commission of the protagonist came in! This will be an unlockable extra in the game.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	ElleArcusBySockpoppet_SM.png
Views:	1
Size:	473.7 KB
ID:	1115538
          Art by suggart.tumblr.com, check our their awesome art!
          Last edited by StevenWaltherMedia; 09-17-2016, 07:08 PM.
          Check out our game Arcus!

          Comment


            #35
            Now that we are crunching to get a playable demo out as soon as possible, a lot of tasks that were pushed aside due to low priorities are being addressed! First up is the UI:





            Check out our game Arcus!

            Comment


              #36
              Very nice work! Looks great so far

              Comment


                #37
                Last weekend the transition from horse mode to sword mode has been completed! Check it out below:


                Sorry about the lack of a proper thumbnail. We've moved from uploading the videos to our own google account, and since it's new, we don't have the ability to make custom thumbnails yet.

                Originally posted by Kevin.Soares7 View Post
                Very nice work! Looks great so far
                Also thank you very much!!
                Check out our game Arcus!

                Comment


                  #38
                  I have been following your progress on Youtube and I have always liked what I saw but It really makes me sad to see you using music from another game. I doubt you have permission to use the Wild Arms theme song and regardless of legal issues that could come from that, its also really unfair to just take other creatives work like that !

                  There are so many audio guys out there looking for projects like this and honestly your game deserves its own soundtrack.

                  Best of luck with things and if by some chance you do have permission to use the track, I do apologize for this post but I still think you should have your own audio identity.
                  lunar-software.com | routinegame.com

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by rzb View Post
                    I have been following your progress on Youtube and I have always liked what I saw but It really makes me sad to see you using music from another game. I doubt you have permission to use the Wild Arms theme song and regardless of legal issues that could come from that, its also really unfair to just take other creatives work like that !

                    There are so many audio guys out there looking for projects like this and honestly your game deserves its own soundtrack.

                    Best of luck with things and if by some chance you do have permission to use the track, I do apologize for this post but I still think you should have your own audio identity.
                    I'm not sure I understand. If you have been following us on youtube then you know that we have our own soundtrack and audio. In fact on the first post of this very page we state that we have our own composer on board: Karèl Psota.
                    Check out our game Arcus!

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Well now I am even more confused, if you have a composer why are you using music from another game in your official trailer?
                      lunar-software.com | routinegame.com

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by rzb View Post
                        Well now I am even more confused, if you have a composer why are you using music from another game in your official trailer?
                        Because this specific music track is what inspired the majority of the look and feel of the game, including the music, and we wanted to use it in some way to honor it. We obviously can't use it in a licensed game, so we decided to cut the trailer to it.
                        Check out our game Arcus!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          But you ARE using it to promote your game, just because you don't plan on using it in the game itself still doesn't mean it's okay/legal to use it in a trailer to promote your game.

                          And how are you honoring it by not giving the original creators any credit what so ever?
                          lunar-software.com | routinegame.com

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by rzb View Post
                            But you ARE using it to promote your game, just because you don't plan on using it in the game itself still doesn't mean it's okay/legal to use it in a trailer to promote your game.

                            And how are you honoring it by not giving the original creators any credit what so ever?
                            You are indeed correct. My co-worker was confident that it was ok when I asked, even though I was pretty sure that it was not ok, so I went ahead and cut the trailer (I was planning on updating it with a small credits screen on the bottom, like most trailers do).

                            Actually doing my own research shows that it is obviously an issue, and I have taken the trailer down. Thank you very much for the feedback
                            Last edited by StevenWaltherMedia; 10-20-2016, 08:28 PM.
                            Check out our game Arcus!

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Oh no worries buddy! Sorry if this thread got a bit negative or anything

                              Arcus looks great and you are doing some awesome work, best of luck leading up to launch, I know how gruelling it can be.
                              lunar-software.com | routinegame.com

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Just letting everyone know that we are still alive! When we ported our project to 4.13, a bunch of errors came up, and we've been scrambling to fix them all!

                                But that is finishing up, and we are now looking to getting the game uploaded to Google Play's beta testing platform!
                                Check out our game Arcus!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X